Chapter 16

Nightmare's P. O. V.
I woke up to feel a bit foggy minded. I hummed softly as I sat up. I looked at the mirror then looked at the blankets trying to wake up. I looked at my hands then widened my eyes. There was goop on my hands. I quickly got up and went over to the mirror.

I saw my body coated with goop again. I was happy but also not that this had happened. It kinda got me wondering if Error will still like me, even if I look like this.

I sighed then turned away from the mirror and went back to my bed and laid down, grabbed the pillow then nuzzled my face into it. I soon relaxed and laid there for a long while.

Eventually, I got up and went over to my closet. I opened it to see my different variety of clothing. I then saw my other outfit that the unknown person made. It had changed to different colors. The shoes stayed the same but the cloak and collared shirt was different.

The cloak was a dark grey on the outside, on the inside it was a dark purple. The collared shirt was a dark teal with some off colored white and dark grey.

I like the new colors a lot better than the purple colors. I do like purple but not a lot of it.

I hummed as I looked at it some more then looked at some other clothes. I grabbed a dark grey sweater and black basketball shorts. I put those on then left my room. As I walked to the stairs, I felt my tentacles gently flicking behind me.

I went down the stairs then went to the kitchen. Once I got there, I saw Error. He looked at me then widened his eyes.

"Your..you again," he said, shocked. "Well, before you were back to yourself but what I mean is your looks," he quickly added.

I gently chuckled then said, "Yeah, it feels nice to be back to my regular self. To be honest, I didn't like being in my passive form."

"Passive form? That's what you call that?"

I nodded then said, "Yeah, anyway. Morning."

"Morning."

It was silent between us before he spoke up.

"So, when we were in the doctor's office, you said that you are more of a lady? What's up wi-"

"Let's head to my room to talk about that. I don't want the others to hear that," I said as I began to panic if someone else heard that.

Error then nodded as we went to my room. Once we were there, Error sat on the sofa. I shut the door then sat by him. It was silent between us again.

Why does this feel so awkward? I didn't mean it to pan out like this.

"So," Error started. "You said you're more of a lady?"

I felt my face gently flush from embarrassment as I quietly said, "Yeah.."

I saw Error look at me for a long while before saying, "You don't need to feel embarrassed by something you feel you are. If you want to be more of a woman than a man, that's totally fine with me. I actually find that really interesting."

"You sure? Are you sure that you're not just saying that because we're going to be on a date tomorrow?" I asked, sounding a bit uncertain.

"Yes, I'm sure. You know how I would react if I didn't feel that way."

I nodded knowing that statement of his was true.

"So, for our date," I started. "Can I wear a dress?"

He smiled softly then said, "That's fine with me. Whatever you want to wear I'll be fine with."

I gently smiled then said, "Thank you, I wasn't sure how you'd react. I thought you would have been disgusted."

He shook his head then said, "No, I'm just a bit surprised. The only one I can think of who will have a fit is Killer."

I nodded then said, "Did the others say that they found them or nothing other than yesterday?"

He shook his head then said, "Negative."

I nodded then got caught off guard when there was a loud knock. I got up off of the sofa then felt Error quickly grab my hand. I looked at him confused. He let go of my hand as he looked at me.

He seemed hesitant but mouthed, 'I like you more than anything...I-I love you.'

I gently smiled as I felt blush softly coat my cheeks.

'I like you too,' I mouthed then paused before adding, 'I love you too.'

I walked over to the door then fanned my face to cool it down from blushing. There was another loud knock. I then opened it to see Cross. He looked at me for a few seconds before speaking.

"Hey, I found a note from Killer."

I opened the door more and saw the note Cross held in his hand. I suddenly felt a hand on my back. I looked and saw Error, he was the one who placed his hand on my back.

I grabbed the note and began to read it aloud.

"It says, 'To the team, I had fun there and being with all of you but I'm changing my route. I'm no longer going to be a part of your team if Dream is staying there. I would rather live by myself or make my own team. Now, I found a group who gladly took me in. We might be seeing each other soon. From, the one and only, Killer.'"

I hummed softly as I looked over it again as I heard Cross speak up.

"I've read it a few times while I was taking it here and I still don't fully understand it."

"He's basically saying that he's leaving our team and is on another one. He also said that he doesn't want to be around my brother," I said, looking at the note as I spoke.

I looked at Error and saw him looking at the note then he looked at me. I looked back at Cross and saw him in deep thought. He was looking at the ground and his hand was under his chin in a loose fist.

"Let's have breakfast and discuss this some more," I said, looking at Error then Cross.

Cross nodded then said, "Alright, I'll wake Dust, Horror and Dream."

"Tell Horror that I'm making breakfast."

Cross nodded then left. I looked at Error as I felt him move his hand off of my back. He gave me a gentle concerned glance.

"I have a really bad feeling, Night," Error said, his voice gently wavering.

"I know, me too. We'll figure something out ok?"

He nodded, then said, "I'll help you with breakfast."

I nodded then led us out of the bedroom to the kitchen.