chapter thirty one

dream's point of view
tw: angst, panic attack, unwanted touching, fluff

If I wouldn't have been too drunk to realize the situation I was in, I would probably have had a full on panic attack. But my brain didn't quite work like that.

Instead I just giggled before slowly making my way outside, bumping into a few people here and there. My vision was getting blurry and my eyes were closing every two seconds but I kept walking, not wanting to be confronted with serious stuff right now.

This was the first time in a while that I felt free and I wouldn't let George or Sapnap ruin that. I stumbled into a girl that was surrounded by a couple men and had probably been dancing for them, but all I could do is mumble a sloppy "sorry".

I was about to make my way out of the weird circle of guys that were now staring at me when she suddenly spoke up.

"Clay?"

My blood froze in my veins as I looked at the girl, taking in her features and instantly dropping the drink I just took.

"It's been so long oh my gosh," she continued to talk to me while I was trying to keep calm and not let the panic take over.

I thought I would never see her again. Ever.

"How have you been sweetie?" She asked, stepping closer. At this point, I could hear my heartbeat in my throat.

"I- can you- go" I managed to get out before hesitantly stepping away from her. But she wouldn't listen.

"Oh Clay. When do you finally realize that I don't want anything bad to happen to you, honey?" I could feel her breath on my throat.

"I never wanted you to leave in the first place. You were my one and only"

Her hands slowly interlocked with mine, my body not being able to move just a tiny bit.

"Do you wanna go upstairs, sweetheart?" She asked as I desperately tried to shake my head or pull away, but my body refused to listen to me.

The panic grew when she let her hand slide underneath my shirt, stroking over my back gently. A quiet whimper escaped my mouth as my breaths became quicker and quicker. I didn't want this to happen again.

"What's-" her voice rang out before her hands quickly shot away from my body. If I would've been sober, I would've realized what was happening... but my drunk mind needed a few seconds to process what just happened.

In front of me was Sapnap, holding the girl by her wrists while George was seemingly trying to break through to me. "Dream? Can you hear me?" he asked, carefully touching my shoulders to shake me back into reality.

But after what just happened, I was only able to pull away quickly.

"You're okay. She won't hurt you and I won't either" George assured, the words taking a couple seconds to arrive in my brain before I let myself fall into his arms.

Immense fatigue and anxiety were overwhelming my body while I sobbed into his shoulder, trying to blend out the voices of the others that were currently fighting.

Sapnap knew her and was sort of screaming at her loudly, causing everyone to turn around and look at us. Why did this have to happen? I was so happy just one minute ago.

Everything always got fucked up when it was alright for once.

If I would've looked back to that moment, I think I was definitely overreacting, the alcohol probably slowly getting to me.

"Clay it's fine. I need you to calm down" Geroge's voice rang through my head again and I finally looked up, being met with at least fifty eyes at once.