chapter thirty

dream's point of view

When I heard the bass of the music echoing in my bones, I started to regret agreeing to go to that party.

But now I had to go through with it, there was no turning back.

At least, my two closest friends were with me and I quickly threw a gaze at them. I was walking in the middle while Sapnap was on my left and George on my right.

They constantly checked on me by inspecting every slight movement on my face and it really got annoying by now.

But I didn't want to snap at them when they actually just wanted me to be comfortable. It was tempting, though.

The closer we got to the huge house where the party obviously took place, the more nervous I got. Sweat started to form on my palms while my hands themselves were cold. I anxiously bit my bottom lip, soon tasting the metallic scent of blood.

I hadn't realized I had been walking slower until both Nick and George confusedly spun their heads around.

"You good man?", Sap asked and I quickly nodded. I had to show him I could do this.

You can't, don't you see that?

Shaking off the thought, I hurried to catch up to my friends. Again, we walked in silence, everyone in their own head.

Eventually, we reached the front door of the house, seeing a black clothed man with an in-ear headset standing outside of it. Crossing his arms in front of his chest, he rose one eyebrow.

"Names?", he asked with a deep, sharp voice.

"Sapnap, Dream and Gogy," I whispered, hearing George chuckle silently. Goosebumps coated my body almost instantly and a smile creeped onto my lips.

His laugh is so cute.

Wait what?

I had to pull myself together!
On the other hand... a few nights ago, he had kissed me. Again.

The question I asked myself ever since was why. Why did he do it again when he clearly regretted the first kiss? Why did he do it in the first place? And why did it feel so damn good? So...right?

Nick told the doorman our names and after checking the list of guests, he waved us in.

Warm, stuffy air and too loud music welcomed us as we shoved ourselves through the laughing and dancing bodies around us.

I didn't like to have so much physical contact to strangers, but there was no other way to cross the room and maybe get somewhere more empty.

I murmured a few sorry's and excuse me's while making my way behind Nick and George.

A few minutes later, we finally found ourselves a bit aside of the sillily moving crowd and I took a deep breath. Everything in me screamed to go back home, but I kept quiet.

Neither George nor Sap moved from my side, a tensed silence falling over the three of us. I uncomfortably cleared my throat.

"You- can go, you know that, right?", I finally said, my voice the perfect mixture of irony and happiness. It should've scared me how good I had become at lying, but I honestly was just glad. It would save me a lot of questions.

Nick shrugged and didn't say a word. He just continued staring around and I sighed.

"Fine. Then I will get us some drinks," I announced, already standing up and throwing an expecting gaze at my friends. "Any wishes?"