chapter eight

dream's point of view

The car ride was the worst thing I've ever experienced. Neither me nor Nick knew what to say while George was awkwardly trying to start a conversation.

It got even worse when he started asking about why we weren't answering any calls or text messages for at least three days, which had apparently led to his decision to come over to check up on us. I had stopped listening at that part, trying to find a good explanation for everything until Nick finally answered for the both of us.

"You know how Dream is. And I forgot to take a charger with me. I have an android so yea, I wasn't able to charge my phone at all. Sorry for ignoring you Gogy, it was never our intention", he had said and I remembered finally being able to relax into the backseat after that.

The rest of the ride was a blur. I knew that we stopped by a fast food stop to get both George and Sap something to eat but the rest was filled with a weird tension and another few minutes of awkward silence.

"Okay where should I put my stuff?" George's excited voice brought me back into reality. He was looking up at me, a huge smile plastered on his adorable face.

"Uhm well. You can sleep in my bed so just take it to my room I guess" I answered which was followed by a surprised expression on his face. "So we're both sleeping in your bed?" He asked while making his way upstairs.

I wish.

"Oh no. I'm getting the couch" I stated, not wanting to cause any butterflies to start flying around in my stomach.

He's your best friend. Of course he would consider sleeping in the same bed as you. You always make everything awkward with those stupid feelings.

"What? No fucking way. You get the bed and imma take the couch", he suddenly said. I hadn't even noticed him stopping halfway up the staircase due to the fact that I was still standing on the second stair, too lost in my thoughts to move.

"George. You're the guest. You get the bed", I quickly said, my voice carrying the result of all the sleepless nights.

"Nope. Either I get the couch or we both sleep on your bed"

I looked at him with wide eyes. I couldn't do that. Everything would end up as a fucking mess if I agreed to sleeping in the same room as George, but he even wanted to sleep in the same bed.

The only thing I could do was slowly shaking my head before grabbing his bag and carrying it upstairs. I didn't want any more conversations. My brain was already trying to catch up on the thousands of thoughts I was thinking and George wasn't helping a tiny bit.

"Forget it, Georgie." I laughed a little, but we both could hear that it was fake. I still pretended like nothing wrong happened anyways and George rose his eyebrows.

"No, Dream. I see how tired you are and I won't shut up until you get into your fucking bed", he declared, a strict destination in his voice.

Okay that was hot.

WHAT?! NO! It was not hot. He's your best friend, remember?

My throat felt like someone had put a string around it and now slowly pulled it close. With growing anxiety, I tried to loosen it, but nothing I did helped in any way.

My hands started to sweat as I got lost in the analysis of my thoughts.

"Dream? Are you okay?", I heard a soft voice ask. It sounded beautiful, but I couldn't focus on it.

I knew I had to answer, but I wasn't able to. My throat... it was dry and tight, I just couldn't push words through it.

I can't keep thinking such things about George.