History lesson and dealing with angry Adrien

In Miss Bustier's class, students started to walk in and take their seats, Marinette walked in and sat next to Alya.

Alya: Hey, girl.

Marinette: Hey.

Alya: Got your report done?

Marinette: Yeah, you?

Alya: Same. It was a little hard, but I managed to get it done. Hopefully, we'll have no homework day on Friday.

Marinette: Let's hope so.

Alya: Good thing the Fall Festival is happening in 2 more days. Still going?

Marinette: Yeah. *Soon, Adrien scowled as he walked in, Nino spotted the look on his face. *

Nino: Dude, you okay?

Adrien: I'm fine. *He sat down and scowled. *

Nino: You don't look fine.

Adrien: I'm fine!

Nino: Sorry, dude.

Adrien: Sorry, just... not in a good mood today.

Nino: No sweat, dude. I know what might lift your spirits.

Adrien: What's that?

Nino: A treat always makes people happy. Why don't we stop at the bakery after school?

Adrien: I wish I could, but I have fencing practice.

Nino: Bummer.

Adrien: Maybe next time.

Nino: Okay. *Soon, the bell rang, and Miss Bustier walked in and closed the door. *

Miss Bustier: Good morning, everyone. Eyes up front, please? Before we get started, if you have your report on an important French figure, please get it out and Marinette will collect it. *Marinette gets her report, Alya hands her report to Marinette, then she goes around to collect the reports, goes up to Miss Bustier, and hands them to her. * Thank you, Marinette.

Marinette: You're welcome

Marinette: You're welcome. *She sits down as Miss Bustier puts the papers down on the table and faces everyone again. *

Miss Bustier: Okay, I'll grade them all tonight and hand them back to you on Friday. And we'll still have no homework day tomorrow if you do tonight's homework.

Kim: Good thing it's only one more night.

Miss Bustier: Now, today we will study the French Revolution. *Alya raises her hand. * Yes, Alya?

Alya: Didn't we already study the French Revolution?

Miss Bustier: You're right. We're gonna study our next topic, which is Egyptian history. Now a lot is going on in Egypt, lots that we don't know much about. *She writes it down on the board and faces everyone again. * Okay, so we're gonna learn about Egyptian history, and let's just say there are much of Egypt's ancient history was a mystery until Egyptian hieroglyphs were deciphered with the discovery and help of the Rosetta Stone. *She writes it down on the board, then also writes down Rosetta Stone, and underlines it. * Who knows what the Rosetta Stone is? *Mylene raises her hand. * Yes, Mylene?

Mylene: It's a granodiorite stele inscribed with three versions of a decree issued in Memphis, Egypt, in 196 BC during the Ptolemaic dynasty on behalf of King Ptolemy V Epiphanes.

Miss Bustier: Correct. *She writes it down on the board and everyone copies it down. * Also, the Rosetta Stone also has hieroglyphics. We all know that the hieroglyphics tell Egyptian stories and legends. Today, we will learn about the history of ancient Egypt is generally divided into three major periods of stability: the Old Kingdom, the Middle Kingdom, and the New Kingdom. We'll study the Old Kingdom first. *She writes it down on the board and underlines it too. *

Alya: This should be good.

Miss Bustier: Make sure you take notes very thoroughly because you'll be tested on this next week. *Some people moaned about that. * Now, now. It's important to take tests so you can know what you learned about. This will help you all and be able to graduate on time. Think we can cooperate on this one? *Everyone answered yes to Miss Bustier. * Good, now let's begin. The Old Kingdom is the name commonly given to the period from the Third Dynasty through the Sixth Dynasty (2686-2181 BCE) when Egypt gained in complexity and achievement.

Marinette: 'This is gonna take all day.'

Miss Bustier: The Old Kingdom is the first of three so-called "Kingdom" periods that mark the high points of civilization in the Nile Valley.

Nino: (whispers to Adrien) Who knew Egypt could be this interesting? *He writes down in his notebook, Adrien pays attention more closely and writes down his notes. *

Miss Bustier: First fact: the Old Kingdom is the name commonly given to the period when Egypt gained in complexity and achievement, spanning from the Third Dynasty through the Sixth Dynasty (2686-2181 BCE). Second fact: The royal capital of Egypt during the Old Kingdom was located at Memphis, where the first notable king of the Old Kingdom, Djoser, established his court. And the third fact: there are three dynasties, so pay attention. 1 is in the Third Dynasty, formerly independent ancient Egyptian states became known as Nomes, which were ruled solely by the pharaoh. The former rulers of these states were subsequently forced to assume the role of governors, or otherwise work in tax collection. 2 is The Fourth Dynasty saw multiple large-scale construction projects under pharaohs Sneferu, Khufu, and Khufu's sons Djedefra and Khafra, including the famous pyramid and Sphinx at Giza. and 3 is the Fifth Dynasty saw changes in religious beliefs, including the rise of the cult of the sun god Ra, and the deity Osiris. *She wrote it all down and everyone copied what's on the board.* Also, I'm gonna write some terms down but don't copy them down yet. Just wait until I write them all down, read Chapter 7 on the Old Kingdom, and stop at the Middle Kingdom when you're done. *They start reading as Miss Bustier starts writing on the board. *