Our Plans For The Future

After my argument with Bill, I stayed in my wing for the rest of the day, packing all of my belongings, which weren't much, and made sure to leave out a few outfits I knew I would wear.

As much as I am still mad at Bill, I feel horrible for lashing out and saying all those bad things about him and his family. I know if someone said that about my family, I would've sent them to the hospital.

But I guess that's why he didn't. He's not as close and protective of his family as I am. And although I know he somewhat cares about his family, they just feel like the distant cousins you see only at the yearly get-together.

Although I said harsh words, most of them reflected what I felt. I made sure to cut deep with my words, not thinking about the consequences. What if he calls off the wedding?! I can't let that happen.

I stand up from my bed, where I was currently daydreaming.

I walk over to my vanity and pull up a chair. I pull out the drawer and grab a small notebook and pencil that were in there. I open to the first blank page and begin my letter.

I think it would do us both a favor if I took some time away from everyone.

I finish the letter and fold it up. I walk out the door and head to Bill's wing, Alex hot on my tail.

"If you don't mind me asking, where are we going?"

I continue walking, but take a moment to think of answer for Alex.

"We are going to visit an old friend of mine."

I make it to Bill's door and slide the letter under the door. I wait for any sound to be made, but when I don't hear anything, I walk away.

When Alex and I reach my room, I grab a suitcase I had packed and turned around to see Alex standing just outside the open door.

"Well, what are you waiting for? Take me to your room."

Alex looked taken back, surprised I would want to see his room. Actually, I've been quite curious to see his room. I've been wondering what it looked like.

"Well, I don't think you'd like to—or even be allowed to see it." Alex says, bringing his hand up to rub the back of his neck, a nervous quirk I noticed he had.

"Oh come on. I won't tell. Plus we need you to pack for our little trip."

Alex scrunches his face in confusion. Before I give him the chance to say anything, I pick up my suitcase and start walking towards him, making him step out into the middle of the narrow hall and close the door.

"Don't worry about the details. I have everything planned out," I give him a quick smile before walking down to the Knight's wing. "At least I hope so." I finish under my breath.

******

When we make it to Alex's room, I'm surprised to see that his room was farther down and had more space between the doors of his neighbor's.

Alex pauses Infront of his door and turns around and looks as me, as if to reassure that I really wanted to go in there.

I nod my head and look back at the door, expecting him to open it. And eventually he does. But not after a few more seconds that felt like minutes of him staring at me.

When he opened the door, I was surprised to see a very open space. To the right was a door probably leading to a small closet and to the left was a coat rack.

At the end of the room Infront of us was a large king sized bed and large windows revealing a balcony. Cringing at past bed experiences with balconies, I turn the corner and I'm met with a floor length mirror next to another door presumably the bathroom.

"Wow. I'm impressed. For a while there, I expected you to actually live in a closet. I didn't expect you to live in such a nice room. And the paintings are a nice touch. Very summery." I point to some paintings of random trees and streams full of little fish and big full moons.

I actually am quite impressed. I set down my suitcase by the door and sit down on his bed.

"Well, start packing. Only a few nights worth of clothing would be needed. You know how to wash clothing in running freshwater, correct? Scratch that, a week at most."

Well that's how long it took to get there by carriage anyhow. Or maybe that was the time it took to find the right ingredients to make a teleporting spell? I never remember.

Alex turns around, a worried look on his face.

"But your majesty, the wedding-"

"It will be all alright. And the wedding is not until a few months or so, right? It will just be a short little trip. No one else has to know."

I can see the hesitancy in his eyes, considering the consequences of what might happen if we don't get back in time.

"What about Prince-King Bill? He will be furious."

"Oh don't worry. I said all that needed to be said in the letter you saw me put under his door. And I said that I needed something for the wedding and would be right back in a week or so. All is good." I give him a wide smile and he just grumbles back to me.

He shuffles over to his bed, kneels down, and reaches under to grab something.

He pulls out what looks like a small trunk, almost identical to mine, minus the colors. Mine is a dark grey color with green edging and his is pitch black with gold detailing.

He smirks at me when he stands up and brings his trunk over to his closet. He starts putting clothes in and I remind him halfway through to put in regular clothes.

"Why? I thought you said you were visiting an old friend?"

"Well, we'll have to go incognito so no one will recognize us. That's why the journey will take a longer."

He scoffs and takes out a few shirts and pants, replacing them with darker and more boring clothing.

"Alright, I'm ready. Let's hit the road."