Meetings and Memories

After getting Alex to make me a simple sandwich, I was still hungry so I cut up and apple and brought it up the stairs back to Bill's office.

When I walk in Bill looks at me, then the apples, then back down at his desk.

After a few moments of eating my apple slices, Bill suddenly stands up and walks over to me sitting on the couch.

"What's wrong?" I look up at Bill but I can't see his eyes.

"...es please." He mumbles out.

"What?"

"Can I have some apple slices please." He puts out his hand and I smile looking down at it.

"Of course, but I thought you said you weren't hungry?"

He frowns and takes the apples I put in his hands and sits back down at his desk.

"That's was a while ago. You took too long."

My smile disappears and I look down at the ground.

"Oh, okay."

There was no words spoken after that.

******

After a bit, it was time for all the meetings and petitions so commence. I sat next to Bill the whole time, but wasn't surprised when my opinions weren't asked, as I have only just gotten here about a month ago.

Most of the meetings were boring anyway. I often found myself zoning out or not focused. It's not like it mattered for me to pay attention yet. It's not until after the wedding that I become king.

Wow. Even after all these years, just saying that still feels weird. I'm going to be one king.

Hopefully I can get through these meetings without dying of boredom.

My thoughts are interrupted when everyone stands up at the table and begin shaking hands. I quickly stand up and shake the hand of the gentleman next to me.

Bill saw my delay and I can tell by the look on his face we were going to talk about participating in the meetings later.

"Thank you, glad we could work out a deal. I look forward to our next meeting. Goodbye now." I hear Bill say to a group of men.

Everyone trickles out of the room and now it's just Bill and I once again.

"So, what did you think?" He says, picking up his notes and papers.

I'm silent for a moment, trying to make it seem I payed attention.

"I like how passionate they are about the welfare of the kingdom along with the people who rule it." I nod my head with my words, trying to convey him to think I know what I'm talking about.

"Hmm, I suppose your right. I too appreciate their participation." I hear the tone in his voice and ready myself for it.

"Okay! In my defence, I've never had to go to this many meetings, nor was I ever asked for my opinion because, reason number three, I just got here." I counted off on my fingers, making sure he understood my points.

Bill raises his eyebrows and gives a slight smile.

"Well then, I guess that's settled."

I hesitate to say anything else because of his reaction. Before going farther into the subject, I decide to change it.

"Please tell me we are done?" I press my hands together in a praying motion and Bill chuckles.

"With meetings, yes. But we still have some paperwork to do." I groan and feel like dramatically falling down.

"But, since you didn't even listen to anything said, I'll just do it."

I look at Bill with my eyebrows knit together.

"Why would you do that? I could..." My words die out as I realize the truth of his words.

"Well, maybe I can't, but I could do something else to help you with?"

Bill shakes his head.

"It's fine. I work better in silence and I know you wouldn't be able to stop bugging to me."

I laugh at his words but he just tilts his head. My laughing dies out as I realize he wasn't trying to joke.

An awkward silence fills the room and I take a breath.

"Well then, I guess I have the rest of the day free. Should I work on wedding details?"

I see Bill freeze at my words and he turns around with pursed lips.

"I'd rather you not." My bored expression drops to a frown.

"Why?"

He takes a moment and looks me in the eyes, as if the answer is obvious.

"No offence to you- actually full offence to you, you have horrible taste. I can just do it later-"

"But you won't have time later! Your so busy, you never do anything other than work!" I let what had been sitting on the tip of my tongue for days, spill out.

Bill looks shocked, but swiftly turns it into a gritting, angry expression.

"That's what responsibilities are! But I guess you don't know that since you've been swaddled your whole life. You don't know what sacrifice is! You've never had to fight for something in your entire life! Your just a spoiled little-"

"And you're one to talk! Your family has done more harm than good. More people slaughtered than helped!" I take a deep breath, letting my harsh words sink in.

Bill looks taken aback. His eyes are wide open, along with his mouth. He's taken a step back and frozen. I take his moment of weakness as an opportunity.

"I'm not dumb. I've heard all the rumours and tales told about you and your family. Nothing has ever gone right when the 'Demon Family" is mentioned. And I'm not spoiled either. I know what sacrifice and hardship is. I know the struggle. Don't assume you know everything about me just because your freakish powers tell you."

I give one last glare before I turn around and walk out.

I can hear Alex following, and if I was in the right state of mind I would be so embarrassed that he heard all that, but currently, I just feel so overwhelmed by emotions right now.

"I hate you Bill Cipher."