Ego

Beyonce's P

Beyonce's P.O.V.

The word around school was Onika Maraj, a girl who played for another high school basketball team, was transferring to my school. Coach Union begged her to come and be the captain of our school's girls basketball team. Rumor has it that the former captain was caught doing drugs on school property and got expelled.

I was the lead cheerleader! So while my squad and I were practicing a new routine, the girls basketball team came running into the gym.

"I wonder which one is Onika Maraj", one of my girls, Megan, said.

"Oh! It's the shortest one! She's in my History class", my bestie Michelle said.

"That cute LITTLE thing is who Coach Union has been bragging about?!", my cousin Kelly said with a giggle.

"I heard she was a beast though! One of the girls on the basketball team told me they played against her and the Cody High School girls basketball team last year and she was killing them on the court", another girl from the squad named Jhene said.

"Alright, y'all! Come on. We gotta get this routine together", I told them. I didn't have time to worry about Onika Maraj. Even though she did look good in her little basketball shorts and jersey!

After we were done with cheerleading practice, most of the girls from the basketball team started flirting with us. They were no different from the guys! I don't think there was any heterosexual female on the girls basketball team!

"Kelly, you gotta stop playing so hard to get", Kehlani said.

"Ain't nobody playin', Kehlani", Kelly said. Causing everyone to laugh.

"Y'all cheerleaders need to stop teasing us for real", one of the other girls on the team named Teyana exclaimed.

Onika walked up to Teyana and Kehlani and said, "Great practice ladies! I promise y'all we will definitely destroy every team we play this year!"

"No doubt! Ladies, this is our new basketball captain, Onika", Teyana said to us. All the girls were drooling all over Onika. But I simply told her hello.

"I didn't catch your name, sweetheart", she said to me.

"That's because I didn't throw it at you", I said with a smile. My girls laughed and Kehlani said, "Onika, these cheerleaders are brutal!"

"All they do is play hard to get", Teyana said with a smack of her lips.

And my girls and I said collectively..

🗣"WE AIN'T PLAYIN'"!!!!

Onika smirked and looked me up and down. Then said, "I mean, you ain't gotta tell me your name. I'll just call you my girl!"

"Oooooh", her girls said while giving her a high five.

"Your girl?! First of all, you don't even know if I like girls", I said.