Moment For Life

Onika's P

Onika's P.O.V.

I was having the worst day at the office...Whatever could go wrong...did! My boss was being a bitch, my coworkers were irritating my soul, and to top it all off, I spilled coffee all over my damn pants. It was not a good day! But then...she texted me..

Beyonce: "Hey, babe...How's work?"

Onika: "I want to leave! I hate it here! 😭😭😭😭"

Beyonce: "Babe!! 😂 Don't cry! You'll be out of there in no time!"

Onika: "5pm needs to hurry up!"

Beyonce: "And do! I might have to work overtime though. So I'll see you tonight..."

Onika: "Again, Bey??! 😡"

Beyonce: "Babe...I'm sorry. Look...I'll make it up to you..I love you. 💙"

I didn't even bother to respond back! I was sick of the "working late" shit! After the crap I was dealing with at work, all I wanted to do was go home and lay up under my girlfriend. Now she just pissed me off, too! Whenever she did make it home I decided I was going to give her the silent treatment!

I marched over to the vending machine. I selected a Snickers candy bar but a damn Milky Way came out! I cussed at the machine and kicked the raggedy bitch!

"Girl, what is wrong with you?!", my coworker, Tamar, asked.

"Everything! I wish I would've called off today", I said.

She chuckled and said, "That girlfriend of yours needs to give you some head!"

"How is she going to do that if she's working all damn night?! By the time she gets home I'll probably be sleep! She's been doing overtime for two weeks straight", I said.

"Overtime with who?!", Tamar asked with a raised eyebrow.

I knew what she was getting at. And I quickly shut that mess all the way down! My girl wasn't the type to fool around with other chicks! So I needed Tamar to cut it out!

"All I'm saying is, my ex husband Vince ugly ass was working late and fucking his secretary! So you better make sure that's not what your girl is up to", she said.

But I knew better...there was no way my baby was doing that....She wouldn't hurt me...Or would she..?

_______________________________

On the ride home from work, what Tamar said to me earlier was on my mind. Lately, Beyonce has been volunteering to do overtime. Who actually volunteers to work extra hours?! It wasn't like we didn't equally make enough money to pay our bills. We didn't have any kids to feed and clothe either. So what was she working extra hours for?!

I started to wonder if she was messing around with her boss or something. Or was she not really working overtime at all. Maybe she was actually going to see another woman...