If I Were A Boy....

Beyonce's P

Beyonce's P.O.V.

What will it take for her to notice me? I often asked myself that question as I saw her every day at Hamilton Performing Arts College...

We had the same dance class together. She moved as if she was a graceful swan. Every dance routine came to her naturally. The way she danced made me wonder if she made love just as gracefully....

Everything about her peaked my interest. I wanted so desperately to talk to her. But every time I tried, there was always some guy all over her. It was really beginning to grind my gears! 

For instance, one day my dorm roommate, Rihanna, was egging me on. "You got this, Bey! Go talk to her", she said. We were in the cafeteria on campus. The object of my affection sat all alone at a table. And Rihanna thought it was the perfect time to make my move.

"I don't know, Rihanna.. What if she doesn't want to talk to me?!", I asked.

"Bey! You'll never get anywhere being so shy", she exclaimed.

But the truth of the matter is, I wasn't really shy! I never had any problems talking to a girl. But there was something about this young queen...I just couldn't seem to conquer her like I conquered the girls in my high school days!

"Bey, what are you waiting for?!", Rihanna asked. She was wondering why I was standing there with my lunch tray in my hand looking stupid!

"Maybe I'll talk to her tomorrow", I said to Rihanna.

"Girl...take your ass over there now", Rihanna said.

I looked over at the beautiful young lady as she took a sip of her soda. She was reading a book while eating a turkey club sandwich. "I could ask her what's the book she's reading", I thought to myself.

"Bey, hurry before some dude walks up to her", Rihanna said. So...I decided to take Rihanna's advice! I walked over to the beautiful young lady and gave her a smile.

"Hi, Onika! Is this seat taken?", I asked.

She smiled at me . But before she could answer my question, the quarterback of our college football team, Kenneth Petty, popped up and sat right next to her!

"Hey, cutie! You want me to take you to the movies or something tonight?", he asked her. She blushed and told him that sounded like a good idea...I was devastated!

I walked back over to the table where Rihanna was. She noticed the look of disappointment and defeat on my face!

"Fuck it...it's just not meant to be. She doesn't like girls anyway..", I said to Rihanna. My feelings were hurt.

"Damn....sorry, Bey...But hey, there's plenty of fish in the sea! And there's other girls that like you. So just forget about Onika", Rihanna said.

Forget about Onika?! How the hell was I supposed to do that?! She was only girl I craved...