Fighting Temptation

Beyonce's P

Beyonce's P.O.V. (2005)

The year was 2005. Kelly, Michelle and I were on the road for our final worldwide tour together as a group. It was bittersweet, but we still had a blast!

On the night we did a show in New York, Kelly and Michelle wanted to go out and party after we had just finished performing for 2 hours! I, on the other hand, wanted to just go back to the hotel where we were staying and try to write another song for my sophomore solo project entitled "B Day".

"Come on, Bey! Don't be such a party pooper", Michelle said. Her and Kelly were always ready to experience the night life in each city we performed in! And I get it...we were young women in our mid 20s! So they were acting no different from any other person who was 24 or 25 years old...

However...I was just different! I had so many goals that I wanted to accomplish before age 30. And I was always concentrating on achieving them all. Even though I called myself dating rapper Jay Z, he still knew my main focus was on doing whatever it took to become an icon!

"Y'all just go ahead without me. I'm tired! I just want to try to write a song and then go to bed", I told them.

"Girl, you work too much! You gotta have fun sometimes, Bey", Kelly exclaimed.

"Let's hit the strip club", Michelle said with a sinister laugh. The girl was a sanctified woman by day and a freak by night! I blame Kelly for that to this day though!

"Y'all! Jay would kill me if he knew I was somewhere letting niggas shake their dicks in my face", I said.

Kelly and Michelle both laughed. "Girl, she's not talking about the male strip club! She's talking about the titty bar", Kelly said.

"Now y'all know if the paparazzi catches us in a titty bar they'll be saying Destiny's Child are gay! And my daddy is going to have a fit! You know how he feels about us keeping a squeaky clean image!

"Girl.. you're in a relationship with Jay Z! They know you got some hood in you and a little bit of freak, too", Michelle said.

"Females go to the titty bar all the time. Ask Missy! She'll tell you! As a matter of fact...she said it's a strip club here in New York where they sneak celebrities in through the back. Then they send in dancers to perform for us only! Call her", Kelly said.

I sighed and called Missy. She told us exactly where to go. It wasn't far from the hotel we were in either. I didn't usually do such things, but I caved in to peer pressure!

We all showered, put on some dressy, casual clothes, and hopped into our limousine. We told our driver to take us to the "Flashdancers" strip club. Kelly and Michelle were already getting the party started by sipping on the wine we had in the limo. I decided to have a little bit too because I was nervous as hell going up in a damn titty bar!

"Relax, Bey! We're about to have a good time, girl", Michelle said as a bouncer escorted us through the back way. The owner was already expecting us because Missy called and told him we were coming. I had to admit it was beautiful in there....And so were the strippers!