The Night Is Still Young

Dr

Dr. Onika Maraj, a 39 year old pediatrician at Beaumont Medical Clinic, walked into work in a slightly bad mood one early Monday morning. One of the medical receptionists, Cassie,  noticed she wasn't her usual cheerful self. "Uh oh...who did it?!", she asked.

"Girl...Yesterday started off great! I went to an 8am church service with my mother, we had brunch together afterwards, and then I went home to prepare for a date I had with this chick I met off of that wack ass Plenty Of Fish dating app", Onika stated.

"And let me guess...it was a date from hell", Cassie said.

"Straight from the bottomless pit of hell! Everything was smooth at first! We met up at a restaurant. She handed me flowers and complimented my outfit. We ordered with the waitress and talked while we waited on our food", Onika explained.

"Well what did she do or say that turned you off?, Cassie asked.

"Well, nothing actually! She said and did all the right things. But when her crazy ass girlfriend, that she didn't tell me about, came running into the restaurant waving a knife in both of our faces, that's when everything went downhill for me", Onika said.

Onika was looking for love in all the wrong places. Every time she thought she had found "the one", she was proved wrong! All she wanted was a beautiful, honest woman that she could settle down with. She ran across plenty of beautiful women. But the honest ones were hard to come by!

"I can't stand people who pretend to be single knowing damn well they're not! She really put you in a dangerous situation and she needs her ass whooped", Cassie said.

"That's all I'm saying! She brought some unnecessary drama my way all because she wanted to act single! Had all those folks in the restaurant looking at me like I'm so whorish homewrecker! I was so pissed", Onika exclaimed.

"I'm sorry you had to go through that, Onika. But I have a feeling you'll run into Ms. Right soon", Cassie said.

"I hope so, girl. Because I'm pushing 40 and I've been ready for a wife since 10 years ago! But anyway, who's my first little patient?", Onika asked.

"Let me check...Ok! Blue Ivy Knowles. She's coming in for an immunization shot", Cassie informed her.

All of a sudden, Onika's frown turned upside down! And that's all because her patient, Blue Ivy, had a hot ass mom!