No Angel

Once upon of time in 1938, there lived a beautiful, danity housewife named Beyonce Carter

Once upon of time in 1938, there lived a beautiful, danity housewife named Beyonce Carter. During that time, Beyonce was 23 years old and resided in Manhattan, NY . She was married to one of the richest black men of that era, Dr. Shawn Carter.

Since Dr. Carter was the only black physician in Manhattan, many African Americans chose him to be their doctor. That is why he was always working long hours and often exhausted!

"When will I ever have time to get my wife pregnant with our first child? We desperately want a little boy. Actually, I wouldn't mind a girl. Girls love their daddies", Dr. Carter once said to one of the nurses at his clinic.

"Well maybe you should take some time off, doctor. Take your wife on a nice vacation", the nurse suggested.

"I have so many upcoming appointments with patients for the next three months! My Bey is already complaining about being lonely", Dr. Carter said.

"Wait! I have an idea. Look...there's an ad right here in the Negro newspaper for black pen pals. Here's a list of black women your wife could write to. It'll keep her occupied when you're busy here", the nurse said.

"Beyonce does like writing letters...and she loves to make new friends. This is perfect for her! I'll show her as soon as I get home", Dr. Carter said with a smile.

Later that evening, Dr. Carter walked into his home terribly exhausted. His lovely wife, Beyonce, rushed to him from the kitchen and kissed his cheek.

"You look so tired, love. Will you be able to eat your dinner?", Beyonce asked as she helped her husband remove his coat.

"I smell your famous fried chicken. I have enough energy for that", he said with a smile as they made their way to the kitchen.

Beyonce placed her husband's meal in front of him. They chatted while eating their food. Then he remembered the pen pal ad the nurse told him about. He pulled it out of his pants pocket and gave it to Beyonce.

"Oh this seems like it'll be fun!  Do you mind if I write to one of these young ladies tonight, dear?", she asked her husband. She didn't want to neglect any time he might have wanted to spend with her.

"That's fine, honey. I know we usually listen to the Amos and Andy show, but I'm too tired to even turn on the radio", Dr. Carter said. Causing his wife to giggle.

"I'll get some nice, warm bath water running for you, dear. Then you can just relax for the rest of the evening", she told her husband.

After Dr. Carter took a bath, he got into bed immediately. Beyonce knew he would more than likely sleep until the next morning. Most women would be angry if their husband went to sleep before making love to them. But...Beyonce wasn't like most women.

At the age of 5, Beyonce noticed she was different. She seemed to like the way other little girls looked. She even liked the way grown women looked, too! She couldn't stop staring at a very beautiful friend her mother had named Caroline. When she was just 11 years old, she wanted to even kiss the woman! She wanted to kiss Caroline the same way she witnessed her husband kissing her.