Chapter 18

I stared at him in shock. A smile had then crept up on my face, and I couldn't wipe it off. "Hey." He greeted, flipping his black hair. He looked so nice, a black long-sleeve shirt, black denim jeans. Yummy.

"Brandon, how did you know I live here? What's with the..." My voice trailed off as I smiled ever harder.

"I went to your actual house and your mom told me," He answered, walking inside. I closed the door behind me; I don't mind company at all! I've been alone long enough. He settled the box of pizza onto the table and smiled, looking around. "I saw your friend, um, Lola I think. I picked up the pizza when I saw her walking inside a restaurant with a guy." He confirmed.

I raised both of my eyebrows, "Oh, really?"

He nodded. I thought about how she lied to me, how she said she was going alone. Why can't she just admit that she's back to talking with Kresten? She's wouldn't be at fault for it.

I quickly shook my head, trying to push those thoughts aside. Right now, all I could think about was Brandon...and him being here. At least he wouldn't blow me off for some other person, like Lola. And Michael did the same, not staying with me, just to go hang out with James, probably up to no good anyhow. But I can't do anything funny with this kid, I'm taken, remember?

"So, why are you here anyways?" I questioned, approaching him. All he did was smirk as a response. "I mean, not saying that I don'tenjoy your company, I actually love your company! I'm just wondering..." My voice had been trailed off once again as he did something with his eyes, and it sort of had me mesmerized. I snapped out of it, staring at him as if he were an angel.

"We should probably just eat before the pizza gets cold," He suggested, sitting down on the couch I sat on before.

I gazed at him as he opened the box, and I sat beside him. "Um, Brandon..." I let out in a murmur, studying him as he started eating.

"Hm?" He replied back, looking at me with such curious eyes.

"You do know I have a boyfriend, right? Michael." I mentioned. He swallowed and it took him a while to reply, until he did.

He had then started playing with the toppings on his pizza, "Yeah, I kind of figured. The way he held your hand when you two stormed off earlier." He let out, staring down at a pepperoni. I bit my lip as I stared down at the pizza, and as much as it looked tasty, I still wanted to talk with him.

I don't think he understands still. I'm happily taken, or at least I think I am. This whole thing is sort of like a couple thing, and as much as I wanted to be with him before, me and Brandon aren't a couple.

"So...this whole thing is kind of like a date." I let out randomly.

"It doesn't have to be. We're just friends, eating pizza and watching whatever it is that's on TV." He looked at the TV weirdly, and focused his gaze back on me. I played with my fingers, quiet. "Unless, you'd want for it to be a date?" He suggested, raising an eyebrow.

"Nah, I'm good with the hanging out term." I replied tersely. He exchanged a smile and stood up, dusting himself off. I stared at him, trying so hard not to give into just, kissing him or being affectionate with him at all.

Why is he offering all of this attention to me all of a sudden anyhow? After just an hour, Brandon decided to leave. I gave him a hug goodbye and closed the door shortly after. I stood with my back against the door, confused as I ran my fingers through my hair.

The rest of the night was a little weird, I was yet alone again in the house, and all I could think about was Brandon. Another hour had past, and Lola still hadn't shown up yet. Instead of waiting for her so I can confront her about her little white lie, I decided to just drop it, it wasn't meant for me find out anyhow. I managed to have enough strength in me to go upstairs and make it to the guest bed, and within minutes, I fell asleep.