Chapter 3

After I woke back up, I ate dinner with my mom, Haley was sleeping in bed, and it was late anyways. She was giving me a sorrow looking face; she released her knife and looked at me, studying me.

"Mom, eat." I urged, I hate whenever she glares at me.

She suddenly breathed out an exhausted and complicated sigh, "Heather, I know what's going on with you. You should've just said something."

My heart fluttered a little bit, as I grew nervous. My eyes grew broad as they met with hers. She knows what I do every day? Really? I sighed, knowing that this would be hard. "Mom, I was going to tell you sooner or later. I just didn't know when, or how." I was totally lying, I was going to keep it a secret, and then maybe tell her whenever I break the bad habits.

She sighed again, "Rebecca told me."

I bit my lip. Rebecca. How does she know I smoke and skip class? I knew I had a reason for not liking her.

Just as I was about to say something, my mom had beat me with words first, "Why didn't you tell me you didn't like her?"

I stared at her, confused. So...we were both talking about two totally different things. Instead of confessing and protesting her about what I was referring to, I decided to go along with her thought, and continue on my plans about telling her about my habitsafter I break them. "Uh, yeah. You're right. I don't like her. Poor shame." I claimed, scratching my arm.

"All you had to do was tell me, and I'll fire her, and hire a new babysitter for Haley." She offered, I could tell that she didn't want to, but ever since dad died, my mom would do the best she can to make us happy, it's hard being the only one handling kids. Now she has to be the mother and the father of the house.

As much I can't stand Rebecca, even if I hardly know the girl, I wanted to make things less difficult for my mom. "Mom, no. Don't fire her just for me. You keep her, alright? And what's it to me? She's Haley's babysitter, and as long as Haley's happy with her, then keep her." I urged out.

All she did was smile back at me, and we continued eating in silence. After that, I took a shower and went to bed, ready for the next day, Friday.

The next day, I got up and after I took care of my hygiene business, and got ready for school, I started walking. Once I had gotten to school, I widened my eyes at the massive crowd of students surrounding a tree, yelling. What's going on? I pushed a strand of hair behind me ears, to see all the commotion.

Suddenly, Lola ran up to me, breathless. "Lola, you're here? What's going on? What's...?" My voice trailed off, I was too confused to even talk.

"It's Michael, James, and Kresten! They're both like, tagging against some douche that was making fun of them. It had something to do with weed." She shared aloud.

As she had instantly said that, I ran through the students shouting: "Go! Go! Go!" and "Fight!". I finally got into the center of the fight with all my strength.

Michael was pounding the guy against the tree, until James grasped onto the guy from behind, so that Kresten could start swinging a couple of punches in his abdominal area. It was like a boxing round, except this wasn't all for show. This was real. I gasped, ready to stop the fight and be the hero until one of the principles had beaten me to it.

A school cop had broken into the crowd as well, snatching the wounded guy and taken him straight into the school. There were blood drippings on the grass.

Instead of Michael, James, and Kresten running off, like they always do when they shoplift at a store, they stood in place, probably thinking that the worst the school could do was suspend them. Oh well, it isn't as bad as being arrested. I still stood with shock twinkling in my eyes.

"Isn't that Michael's girl?" I heard a girl asked, and a bunch of other murmurs started drowning the center of the circle.

The principle stood at them, disappointed, and shoved the them into the school, covered with blood. Blood from the guy that started it. Lola smiled, probably glad that they had won the fight. But the truth is, I've never seen them in action. They claim that they can fight but I thought that they were just bluffing, to seem all hard. I guess I thought wrong.

I ran my fingers through my hair as the crowd of students started disappearing, going on into class.

When Lola and I were finally alone, she started whistling. I looked at her as if she were crazy. "I knew they'd win!" She exclaimed.

I rolled my eyes, "What are they doing at school anyways? Shouldn't they be smoking or....drinking or filling a girl or something?" I questioned, curious.

She pursed her lips as she glared at me, and finally shrugged as a response.

As soon as she went to her class, (Ha, it's not like she'd be in school for long anyhow) I went to my own, thinking about the fight. And the more I tried to forget about it, the more it would be difficult because in at least all of my classes, someone would start a conversation about it.

The rest of school went by quickly, and it's only because I did things to pass the time, like going outside for a quick smoke while class was going on. And I haven't seen Michael and the others ever since they fought...

__________________

Comment, share, and vote.