Chapter 13

"Oh my god. Babe, what happened? Why are you all soaked!?" She observed me with worried eyes.

I started sobbing as she allowed for me to come inside, and she closed the door soon after. "My mom. She knows about me, Lola! She kicked me out! My own mom! She kicked me out, Lola. She doesn't love me." I cried out weakly, resting my shoulder on Lola.

"Oh, no, babe. That's not it." She consoled, patting me on the back.

"Yes it is! She hates me! She pushed me out; she threw my suitcases out like I was some dirty dog!" I was sobbing more than ever, and for the first time in my life, it was the worst feeling ever, even worse than my dad dying. Me and my mom were so close, very close, and now...here we are. I continued crying, trying to fight back the extra pain that was ready to hold an effect on me.

Lola sighed. "Good grief." She muttered, sounding so apologetic.

I sniffed, trying to be strong. "Can I...live here? Just until things start going right again." I begged, looking her in the eyes.

A welcoming smile had suddenly appeared on her face, "Of course you can, Heather. My parents adore you, and they're rarely ever home."

I continued crying, satisfied that she was willing to accept me into her home, but still disappointed about my own mom, and truthfully, my only friend that I'd end up only having in the world, would kick me out.

After I got settled in her guest room, and packed my things in hers, I decided to just rest, for that would be best. And despite the small hint of beer in the guestroom, I was very thankful and appreciative of Lola to give me a warm room, and to comfort me. And best of all, she didn't disturb me the whole time. She knew when to not bother me and when to, and right now, it wasn't the right time. I laid in the best, rolling over, still replaying my mom shoving me out and snatching my clothes down.

I bit my lip harshly as I noticed how painful it was to think back on it. So instead of flash backing, I decided to just go to sleep.

The next day, she decided to wake me up.

"Uh, Heather, you awake?" I could hear someone whisper. I opened my eyes slowly to see Lola in my face, but instead of jumping back in a frightened manner, I sighed, sitting up. "Look, Kresten can drop you off at school, but I'm not going, of course." She offered. I blinked twice, my brain still trying to sense her sentence.

My eyes widened as I acted lately. "Oh, um...I won't go to school either. Just for today." I claimed weakly, lying back in bed.

She cocked an eyebrow, pursing her lips, "Mm, you sure? I won't be here. Me and the rest of the guys are hanging by the auto shop." She figured.

"The auto shop?" I asked lamely.

"Well, yes. That's where we hang out every day. Of course you wouldn't know, you're usually at school." She claimed quietly with an apologetic smile.

I stared at her, and rolled over. "I'm coming, too." I let out in a murmur, not looking her in the eyes.

She sighed. "You sure you can handle it?" She asked, sounding worried.

I sat up and shot a look at her, "Why not? What else do I have to lose? I lost my dad a while back, and now my mom, the connection with my sister, my room, bed, everything. If I'm accused to be the things my mom exaggerates for me to be, then I might as well act like it." I stuck my lips out stubbornly, looking the other way.

Lola sighed, sounding a bit exhausted. "Well, get ready then. Kresten will be here in a few minutes to pick the both of us up then, I guess. And don't worry; I'll make sure they won't bring up anything about yesterday." She assured, and within that, she walked out of the room, leaving me in my now new peace and private sanctuary.