Chapter 5

My eyes were still closed, but I was half awake. I clenched my fingers to get an idea of where I was, since it was obviously quiet and silent.

"Heather. Heather! Are you awake?" I heard someone hiss in a sharp whisper. I wrinkled my eyebrows and opened my eyes slowly too see Lola in my face. Not close, but close enough for me to jump in a startle.

She giggled and ran her fingers through her hair, her eyes were blood shot red and her hair was a little out of place. I sat up slowly to observe my surroundings; I was in Lola's bedroom, on her bed.

She giggled once more. "You kind of fell asleep a few hours ago. The guys had already left. I've been downstairs the whole time, watching TV while you sat up in my room, sleeping." She informed, breathing out a heavy sigh. Her breath smelled like cheap beer and cigarettes.

I was too sick and disturbed about what I've gotten myself into earlier, that I didn't need to be reminded of it with the smell of it. I backed away.

She looked at me weirdly and laughed, "Uh, yeah. I had...quite a few cans. Um, you should probably get home. It's a Sunday; don't you have holy dinners or something on days like this with your mom and Haley?" She asked. She cocked an eyebrow, waiting for me to reply. But instead of speaking because I knew it'd all come out in a blurred slur, I nodded my head, and burped accidentally.

My fingers clenched my stomach and I started giggling randomly.

She pursed her lips and settled her forest green eyes into mine, "Do you want me to walk you home...? You don't seem to be completely sober yet so-"

"I'm fine." I assured while placing my hand in her face. She remained silent as I scooted off of her bed and stumbled on my feet, standing a little weirdly. I was trying to prove to her that I'm fine, and that clearly wasn't working. I had then stepped out of place and tried to stand straight again, and she smiled, finding my motions a little amusing.

"You're no good. I'm taking you home." She declared, she stood up and shoved me gently out of her room and downstairs, leaving the house so she could take me home safely. Once I got to my house door and Haley opened it, Lola disappeared; I guess she didn't feel like greeting anyone.

I gently shoved Haley out of the way and walked upstairs, not bothering to speak to her. "Hey! Mom is super mad at you! She was looking for you everywhere. You missed Sunday breakfast!" She called out, I could tell from the way she shouting at me that she was irate. But I didn't care. Instead, I continued walking to my room and slammed it shut, careless of my churlish actions towards my little sister.

As soon as my eyes had wandered around to find my bed, I plummeted onto it, closing my eyes as I laid on my back. I felt like I wanted to throw up. I stink, I know my breath stinks, and I assume that my hair probably smells as well. As I was going into a deep thought, it was interrupted by the rude and obnoxious Haley, who slammed my door open.

I sat up and sighed, rubbing my eyes, "Look, Haley. I'm...I'm not in the talking mood so can you just close my door again and leave me alone...?" I questioned weakly.

"No. What happened to you? Why do you smell?" She asked, covering her nose. I sighed, slumping back onto my bed. "Honestly, you stink. Mom's going to make you take a shower. The smell's making me sick." She spat out bitterly, approaching me.

"If Ireally stink so much to you, then why won't you just get out and close the door? Like I asked for you to?" I was barely shouting, but I was also getting annoyed this time.

She can't just come in my room whenever she wants. I politely asked her to leave me alone, and she resisted. "No. Not until you tell me where you went. Anddon't say you was hanging out with Macy, mom called her parents and they're all out of town this weekend." She smirked, probably realizing that she had foliate my lie. I rubbed my forehead, shrugging afterwards. "Now where were you?! Tell me! Tell me! Tell me!" She screamed.