Epilogue

*Five months later* Month: October.

I stood behind a column of a couple of my aunts and cousins, who stood in front of my mom with tears of joy. We were at her wedding, and I decided to be one of the bridesmaids. I know it was so unlike me, but I wanted to do it for my mom.

My mom looked beautiful, in an elegant and exorbitant wedding dress that hugged her body perfectly, and the dress was sort of drawn to her, like it was meant to be hers.

After getting help in July and a little half of August, I’ve improved greatly. I haven’t been depressed or suicidal or stressed out ever since. I cried tears of joy, biting my lip with determination, just watching John and my mom finally getting married, it was sort of relieving to me.

I mean, even if my mom and me and Haley would never see my dad, it’s good for my mom that she wouldn’t have to worry about being alone anymore. Everyone started clapping as soon as they were both done with their speeches of how they cared for one another. My mom looked so beautiful it was breath taking. I glanced around the nicely decorated building and stared into the massive audience of people who were invited to the wedding, they stared at both my mom and John marrying each other.

Everyone looked elegant, even Haley, who stood off to the side with a beautiful blue dress, she was the flower girl. And one of our cousins, an eight year old, was the ring boy. Our family flew in all the way from Wisconsin. Even I looked beautiful in my draped sky blue dress. Sky blue and white were the theme colors for the wedding.

I continued glancing around the audience, unnoticeable, keeping the flowers that were clutched between my two hands positioned firmly in front of my chest, like the other bridesmaids. I happened to see Brandon in the audience in a nice black tuxedo, standing with Mr. and Mrs. Zeleski. Brittany was flirting with some guy, who earlier dreaded coming here but her parents making her go. I waved to Brandon and he winked at me. Since I was now a junior in school and he was officially a senior, I’ve gotten a lot of respect, and people weren’t ever mentioning my faults or harassing me like they used to. Now they hand me full on sympathy, and it can sometimes be annoying. Right after the pastor said “You may now kiss the bride”, everyone started clapping, and I tugged on Haley as we both watched our mom kiss the man she truly loves.

She deserves him, and I should be thankful that my mom is happy, at least she wouldn’t feel alone anymore, and I know there’s still a place in her heart for my dad, in all of our hearts. Right during the after party, I changed into a much shorter dress since the other one was long, and I happened to see everyone eating cake and other cuisines, and others were dancing or just socializing in the huge decorated room. My mom was in a white silky dress, and she was talking with the pastor along with John, her new and happy husband. I smiled at them and glanced around the massive amount of people to see Aubrey, Erica, Eric, and Brandon talking. I walked up to them, smiling.

“Hey,” Aubrey greeted with a cup in her hands, “The wedding was beautiful, it inspires me to find my true love someday.”

I nodded at her, “I hope to find mines, too.”

I glanced at Brandon who was busy talking with Erica and Eric to even notice my presence.

“Your mom looks very beautiful, and happy.” She complimented again. I nodded at her acknowledgement of a compliment, and glanced at Brandon again.

“Hey, I should go and tell her that.” Aubrey thought out loud, throwing on a small and abandoning me so sudden.

I chuckled and noticed that Lola was here, too. She flew in from New York again just to see her, and the last time I saw her was in the hospital. I miss her so much. I glanced at Brandon, and although I wanted to talk with him, it could wait. So instead, I turned on my heels and paced to Lola and Shaun, who were talking together and eating cake.