Chapter 11

It was finally the next day.

I groaned as I opened my eyes lazily, not really prepared to wake up, nor get myself hyped up for school. Just another day where people would not understand me, and my life. I got out of bed and sat there for a few seconds before I abandoned it to get cleaned up, and take care of my hygiene business.

After I got ready for school, I started walking, noticing the dark gray skies.

Typical Washington, always rainy and dull looking, someway, somehow. Once I got to school, the first two people I saw were Michael and James. Hmm...that's...peculiar. I approached them as the wind was blowing my hair, and slapped against my back from the moment I stood in front of them, face to face.

"Oh, hey Heather." James greeted bluntly, looking around.

"What are you two doing here? Coming to school? It's so not like you two." I stated, ignoring his sudden greet. Michael forced a look at me and went back to looking around.

"Where is this guy?" James suddenly questioned, punching his fist against the tree that we stood under.

"Who?" I asked so suddenly.

"Hey, he may not be here. Let's just forget it, and go." Michael suggested, sounding calmer than James.

"I willhunt down this guy if I have to. If I tell him to meet us at a certain place at a certain time, I expect him to do that." James claimed angrily.

"Who?" I repeated, growing more impatient. And this time, my voice was an octave higher.

James glanced at me, and for some reason, the way his eyes settled on me, made me a little frightened. "Come on Michael, let's just get out of here." He said rudely, walking away.

Instead of Michael obeying him, he stayed behind, looking me in the eyes as we stood face to face alone.

I gripped onto my book bag, wanting to know the answer. "Who?" I mouthed, trying to not make it seem like I was still pestering and being worrisome.

"This kid Daniel." Michael answered quickly.

"Why? For what?" I prodded suspiciously.

"He's supposed to be here so we can jump him but...he's nowhere to be found. Word on the streets, the guy has this problem with Vincent and James, and you know how the two of them are." Michael claimed with a shrug.

I pursed my lips, still listening. Of course James would be ready to jump on some guy who talks badly about him and his closest friend, Vincent. But what did Michael have to do with it? Just as I was about to ask him that question, James had interfered from a distance.

"Michael,come on." He rushed.

Michael sighed, giving me a nod, and walking away. I wasn't so surprised that he'd always have his weak and obeying side around whenever it came down to James. James is a senior, a failing senior, and Michael and the rest of his buddies were either juniors or sophomores.

Michael's a junior, but a tough one. I know he's very vulnerable and powerless whenever it came to James, but still. When the bell rung, I stood in place until they were no longer in sight. I walked inside the school shortly afterwards and went to my locker, getting some things and replacing it with yesterday's materials.

After that, I hurried to first period.

First period went by slowly, but still, I managed to survive another period of it. Though I think my patience is limited, so I'm hoping next class would be interesting. But it wasn't, and why was I expecting for it to? After those two classes, it was already break, and I knew this was my chance to meet Brandon in the English wing of the school, where his locker was. Once I got there, I spotted him closing his locker, almost running into me with astonishment, as if he were surprised to see me.

"Hey," I greeted, waving my hand in the air as if it weren't a big deal.

He scratched his head uncomfortably, giving me a sorrowful look. I raised an eyebrow, curious of why. "What's wrong?" I asked slowly, examining his eyes. Even when he's not smiling, his eyes were still a taunt to me.

It took a while for him to say something, until he opened his mouth, "I...I don't think I can be around someone like you." He said, biting his lip as if it sounded harsh, and it was.

I cocked an eyebrow, not understanding.

"Sorry Heather, it's just...you're one of the girls that do such disgusting things to themselves. I try to understand it and just accept it, but I can't." He scratched his head again as if he were frustrated.

"What do you mean? I'm just like every girl at this freaking school." I mentioned calmly.

"No...you're not. You smoke, you drink, you hurt yourself, and on purpose, too. I can't tolerate people like you. Although, since you're such a mystery to me, I thought maybe I'd give you a chance, to have a normal and a right decision person as a friend. But you see, people look at you...and think you're some kind of, alien." He confirmed.

What? I wrinkled my eyebrows, trying not to get all worked up by crying. But they had won me over. I opened my mouth slowly as a tear fell from my eye, how could he even THINK of me as an alien?

"You know," I started up, my voice cracking; I sucked in my breath and exhaled, trying to find the strength to speak. "I thought of all people here, you'dat leastunderstand." I yelled.

I wasn't ashamed to, either. Everyone else was downstairs in the atrium for fifteen minutes, talking. We were the only two in the hallways. "Can you calm down?" he begged.

"No. I opened up to you, and you took the time to understand me. Or at least I thought you did. Don'tever speak to me...ever." I turned away and ran off, wanting to just run away and hide.

I didn't even hear him call my name, like they do in the movies. Instead of running and hiding, I decided to go outside for fresh air, and at the back of my head, my conscious was also demanding for me to smoke, since I needed it. How is it disgusting that I do things to myself to make me happy, and feel relieved?! That's ridiculous! Since when is it a crime?

He called me disgusting, he basically doesn't understand me! At all! And just as I was falling for this guy, even though he couldn't tell. I sat on a bench outside of school, not caring if I'd be late for my next class, history.

I took out a cigarette from my book bag and lit it up reluctantly, but then I realized....this is something I want to do. I'm not ashamed to be who I am, I said I'd change whenever I get ready, and that's how I intend to keep it that way. But that mother sucker, calling me disgusting! How could you say worst? I grasped onto the cigarette between my lips, smoking it hurriedly.

"Fuck him," I muttered under my breath. I wish I could be with someone who would stick with me forever, no matter how hard it is to be around me. I'llnever find that someone.

After I smoked, I went back inside. Right after school, I decided to walk to the park we went to yesterday and just sit and think in the exact same spot we sat at.

Rebecca would just have to stay with Haley until I come back, but right now...I couldn't focus on that, I was too upset. I rested my head in the palms of my hands, sighing. I sat down for about two hours, and it started getting dark. It was now around six thirty.

I was so frustrated with everyone, and everything. No one understands what it's like to be me, if my dad had never died, I wouldn't have been going through what I am currently. I watched as the ongoing residents of the city hurried to their cars as a flash of lightning struck out of nowhere, and then the rain came pouring down. I sat in place as the rain pattered against me, soaking me.

Instead of cursing at the sky in an irate way, I sighed and stood up, too depressed to even complain. By the time I was walking on my walkway that led to the front door of my house, I opened it with my key.

Once I opened the door, closed it after I got inside, and turned around, I noticed three suitcases sitting in the living room.

__________________________

Share, comment, and vote.