Chapter 21

The next day, I woke up to an abundant amount of sunshine spilling in my room. I rubbed my eyes calmly, yawning afterwards. I sat up in bed in silence, until Lola busted through the doors and started look for something on the guest dresser. I started giggling. "Nah...I just love it when you come in without knocking. It's not like I wouldn't have been sleeping or anything." I said sarcastically, giving her the most sincere smile I can. I can never make really good face expressions during the morning part of the days.

"Sorry, babe. I was just looking for my eyeliner and I thought it might have been in here. Guess not." She figured with a shrug, headed to the door.

"Wait," I blurted out suspiciously, she turned back towards me, raising the both of her eyebrows. "Eyeliner? Are you going somewhere or something?" I questioned.

She nodded, "Um, yeah. Just to the outside mall arcade. I need to get out a bit, you know?"

I studied her smoothly, jerking myself out of bed. "Hmm, okay. Well...you can borrow my eyeliner, if you want," I offered.

She sighed with relief, hurrying over to my drawer of makeup, taking out my black eyeliner. "Thanks," She quickly applied some while in the mirror, leaving right after that.

After I heard a car drive off suddenly, I got out of bed to catch the car type and color, to see what she was riding in. Hmm, a silver Volvo. Well, whoever it is, obviously is the classy type. But who? Is it that same guy I saw with her yesterday at the restaurant? I quickly made my bed and hurried over to my bathroom to wash up.

After an hour of just watching TV downstairs in the living room, I heard a random knock on the door, and I jumped, a little taken on by the noise. I grabbed my chest, alarmed. I stood up with a sigh and opened the door to see Kresten.

He looked nice. He stood in place, hands in his pockets, looking directly at me. "Hey, is Lola here? I know she's still mad at me, but I need to know if she's here." He claimed, walking inside. I closed the door behind me, biting my lip. I wanted to tell him that she's seeing another guy, but then I'd just be jumping to conclusions again. For one, the guy could be a friend.

So instead of just ratting Lola out, I opened my mouth and said, "Um, are you and Lola still together?"

Kresten blinked at me twice and started chuckling, "Of course we are! Why wouldn't we? I mean, I know she's mad at me and we haven't talked in a while, but we're still together. She would have broken up with me by now." He figured. My breath had then been caught in my throat, causing for a lump to form in it. It took me a while to respond. "So anyways, is she here?" He went into the kitchen and came back, continuing to look around.

"No. She went out for a little while, but I'll let her know that you stopped by to see her." I assured, a grin tugging on my lips.

He smiled as a response, "Thanks. I guess I'm on my way to Michael's then." He smirked as soon as he bought up my boyfriend, which was also his best friend.

I rolled my eyes with a smile. "Give him a kiss for me." I taunted, pushing Kresten out playfully. Before I could hear his response, I slammed the door in his face, wanting to be alone. Once he had left in his white van, I started getting sneaky. I tip toed around the house, although I was in it alone. I went to retrieve my cell phone from the guest room, and decided to call a friend up; I'll their help with today's plot.

...

"Wait, so you want me to help you spy on Lola, who's supposedly your best friend?" Brandon asked, sitting beside me on one of the living room couches in the living room.

My face had sprouted into a small smirk, fiddling with my fingers. I don't know why I'd act so...bleh when I'm around him. It's just, ever since we kissed, I've been kind of determined whenever it came to him.