Chapter 22

The next day, I woke up slowly to hear noises a few feet away. I sat up instantly to find Lola in my makeup bag once more, doing her makeup through my dresser mirror. I rubbed my eyes and started giggling weakly, squinting my eyes afterwards. "You have to stop barging in. This is my house too, you know. And what time is it?" I asked, snatching the covers off of my body.

"Chill, the guys are over. It's twelve in the afternoon." She mentioned, smiling at me through the mirror. I widened my eyes quickly, stunned of the time.

"And the guys are over?" I recapped, standing up and stretching my arms and legs out, yawning at the same time.

She nodded as a response, and turned to me, "How do I look?" She wore more makeup than usual, but it still looks just right.

"Good. Why? Are you getting all dolled up for Kresten?" I assumed, my face had gone serious, hard; I was kind of trying to get an answer out of her.

"Hmm, you could say that. Anyway, I invited this guy over, he's just a friend." She stated with a shrug. I tightened my grasp of my arms from my hands, getting nervous. I could just imagine how Kresten is feeling about this whole thing. But Kresten's the type of guy to keep everything pent up inside, and he likes to confront people at the last minute of things.

I stared at her for a few seconds as she continued primping up. She's doing this for her secret boyfriend, I know it. But I can't let her know that. I crossed my arms in silence. "Hey, get dressed and come downstairs," She said while opening the room door, she turned towards me, "I want you to meet the kid." She exchanged a smile and I did the same in return, and within that, she walked out, going back downstairs.

After I took care of my hygiene business, got dressed in denim skinny jeans, black and white high top converse, and a black and white hoodie, I placed my hair in a sloppy bon. I had then breathed out a sigh, putting on a smile. I had to put one on, so I wouldn't make the guy feel uncomfortable or distant. After it took me a few hesitant steps just to get to the door, I finally swallowed my anxiousness and went downstairs.

As soon as I came downstairs, eyes were then on me, and it had gotten quiet. The guy had dirty blonde hair and soft green eyes, he seemed nice, and mature for his age. He quickly stood up as Lola dragged him up and I approached them, not trying to meet eyes with Kresten.

"Okay, so this is Shaun, Shaun this is Heather." She introduced. The guy shook my hand and smiled.

"Nice to meet you, Shaun." I greeted politely, keeping my smile plastered. He sat back down awkwardly, glancing at Kresten. I gazed at him as well, who sat down next to Vincent and Brett, and he looked pissed. I gulped and sighed once more, walking over to Michael to give him a big hug.

"Hey." He said softly, planting a kiss on my lips. I hugged him tighter as a reply; he knew that it was always a greeting. Lola glanced at Kresten quickly and started laughing at something Shaun was storytelling about; he seemed humorous, funny, and charming. I bit my lip as Michael's face had stiffened, looking directly over at Lola and Shaun. "Those two are very...." His voice trailed off, like he couldn't describe their interactions.

"Close?" I finished, cocking an eyebrow.

"It's as if Lola...is with him. And not Kresten, you know?" He assumed. I sighed as response, gazing at the two of them, laughing their heads off about something. Even if Lola's keeping it a secret, she's doing a very horrible job with keeping it as one. Anyone should suspect it by now. Just as I was about to talk with her alone, James had walked in from the kitchen.

"Lola...where's the beer? Whiskey? anything?" James questioned loudly, giving her a glare.

She quickly rolled her eyes. "You guys know that I don't fool around with that stuff anymore..." She mentioned, wrinkling her eyebrows. I studied her, as everyone else did too.