Chapter 7

I breathed out a heavy sigh, preparing for a sore voice and aggravated ears.

"Where have you been allday? And what's about this slapping Haley thing?" She shouted, raising both of her eyebrows.

"Mom, I didn't mean to slap her. I was just sleeping and grumpy. I already apologized to her." I confirmed. Or at least I think I did. Did I...?

"Okay, so where have you been? You missed Sunday breakfast, Sunday dinner, what's going on? Youlove Sunday meals." She had a look of hurt in her eyes, and it was killing me inside. Just imagine what her face would be like if I told her about my smoking and drinking situation.

I sighed again, rubbing my temples with ease. I breathed in and out, trying to find the last bit of patience in me. She doesn't understand! "Mom, can we please talk about this tomorrow at dinner or something? I really want to go to bed. I'm sleepy." I groaned out, moaning at the same time.

"Oh, so you weren't sleepy the time youstayed out, were you? It's almost two in the morning! You're supposed to be in bed now!" She yelled stiffly, she gave me the most nagging glare ever, and it aggravated me.

"Iwould be in bed if you'dlet me go to my room!" I screamed. Her glare had then died down, her face expression softening. I took one last look at her, and ran upstairs, going in my room and shutting the door afterwards. I didn't feel like apologizing to her about yelling at her.

After I took a shower to wash away the smell of beer and cigarettes, I sat up in my bed with my soft sheets laid over me, surprised she didn't come up to my room to yell at me by now. But that's just mom nowadays. She used to be so strict when dad was around, now it seems like she can't yell or discipline us without him by her side. I know she's hurt, weak, and vulnerable. And I feel like that sometimes too, except I was more afraid than she was. Or maybe she's more afraid than me. She is the mother and father of the house now, so she has to maybe put on a fake smile to hide away her sadness and pain, when the truth is, we all need a shoulder to cry on. Adult or not.

I sighed and ran my fingers through my mysterious black hair, turning off my lamp lights that stood still on a nightstand, both sides of my bed. I closed my eyes, hoping for a better day.

The next day, I woke up to a throbbing pain in my head, examining my surroundings to make sure it was my room. It is. I smiled to myself, happy to wake up in a place I feel most comfortable at for once. I looked at the both of my windows as they had breached an abundant amount of sunshine into my room, which bought a very good mood into me, but my head would protest against that. I guess it's the last minute of effects of drinking, I don't know.

I got out of bed, not bothering to make it up. I'm going to end up messing the sheets up sooner anyways, me being a fidgety sleeper and all. After I brushed my teeth and washed my face, I took a look at myself in the mirror, grabbing my lip pierce that sat on my sink and placing it back on my lip. I looked at it and quickly smiled, departing my bathroom.

After I got ready for school, I walked there in a flash, and before I knew it, I was at my locker.

My hands were fishing for my class materials, ignoring the funky smell that drowned in my locker. And once I had gotten my materials, I shoved pass the ongoing students that were also going to their next classes.

Math was a drag, and so were my other two classes, Science and History.

I had then went to lunch, already exhausted after being in three classes, and plus I haven't seen Brandon at all today, which wasn't really helping my down mood.

I texted Lola during the whole time, she wasn't at school, and neither were James, Michael, and Kresten, simply because they don't go back to school until Thursday. It's not like they'd show up anyways.