Chapter 12

I wrinkled my eyebrows as I noticed Haley sitting on the couch, crying. I rubbed my eyes, sighing, "Haley, what is all of this?" I asked softly.

She remained silent, she just started sobbing instead. I could tell this meant trouble. As I stood, confused, my mom hurried downstairs with a bunch of clothes, putting them into the third suitcase.

"Mom, where are you going?" I asked, worried.

She glared at me as she stuffed the clothes and shoes in it. "I'm not going anywhere." She confirmed suddenly. I stood in silence, trying to force my mind to grasp onto what she's hinting on about. "You are." She added, hurrying upstairs.

My eyes widened as Haley started crying even more. What? Me? My brain had acted slowly, just now getting what she meant and running upstairs. My room door was opened. "Mom! What do you mean, me?!" I screamed.

"You thinkI'm stupid, Heather? Do you?" She asked, turning towards me. I wanted to yell at her, not knowing what she was referring to. She had then approached my bed and took out eight empty cigarette packs and two empty bottles of alcohol.

I opened my mouth slowly, not sure on how I should respond. "What...what...what are you doing in my room anyhow?" I yelled, trying to point all of this on her.

"Oh, please! Do not play games with me Heather! You're moving out!" She screamed, she hurried back to my closet and started snatching down my clothes from the hangers and shelves.

I hurried over to her as she did it quickly and swiftly. "Mom! What are you doing? Stop!" I screamed, trying to push her away from my clothes. She pushed me as she grabbed the last bit of my clothes and went downstairs. My closet was now empty. I ran downstairs as she zipped up the last suitcase.

"You can go anywhere you want, but you can't be here. I'm not having that type of influence around Haley." She confirmed, crossing her arms.

"Mom! You can't put me out! I'm your daughter, too! I'm only fifteen!" I screamed, tears forcing out of my eyes. I felt so betrayed, my own mother, kicking me out?

"You're already messed up! I always figured you were sneaking around; doing something that wasn't good for you! And here I am! Being an ass, letting you get away with hurting yourself! It's your life! Do what you want, but you can't do it here!" She screamed, tossing the suitcases on the ground by my feet. Haley started sobbing even more.

I stood with disbelief, "So...you're going to kick me out for being imperfect! That's why?" I asked, yelling. She remained silent. "I can't help that I miss dad! And I handle his death the wrong way! I'm not perfect!" I screamed.

"Haley, go upstairs." She muttered softly.

"I don't want to!" Haley cried out.

"Do it now." She demanded sternly, giving her a rough and scary glare.

Haley stared at her as her eyes were filled with tears, and she slowly got off the couch. "I'm sorry, Heather." She apologized softly, running upstairs. And there we were, alone. "Get out, Heather. Or I'm calling the cops on you for drinking and smoking under the influence." She blackmailed me, being arbitrary.

I opened my mouth, wishing this was all a dream, "Mom, it's pouring rain out there! It's thundering! It's lightning!" I exclaimed, astonished. "Where am I supposed to go?!?"

She opened the door and threw the suitcases out into the rain, has she gone insane? My clothes are going to get wet! My shoes! My makeup, jewelry! Everything!

"Anywhere but here!" She answered, not being specific. She shoved me out and slammed the door, locking it. I stood with such shock as the rain started hitting and thumping against me.

I ran back to the door and started punching and kicking it. "Mom, let me in! You just can't leave your daughter out here in the rain! Let me in! Let me in!" I screamed.

No response, or answer.

I sniffed stubbornly as tears fell from my eyes uncontrollably. Within that, I ran over to my luggage and got on my knees, picking up some of the soaked clothes that happened to fall out when she tossed the bags out.

I zipped up the suitcases and carried one on my back and two of them by my side, in each hand. Where will I go? I started sobbing in depression as I walked from my own house, at night, in the rain.

I looked around, weighing my options.

Who could I go to? The nearest house? Brandon actually lived nearest to me, but he totally pissed me off today.

I sucked in my breath as an answer occurred to me, and within that, I started walking.

Once I got there, I rang the doorbell quickly, not really caring if it's late. And as soon as the door opened, Lola had a mortified look on her face.

_______________________

Comment, share, and vote.