Chapter 1

• Αφιερωμένο στον/ην My friends, family, and readers. I love you guys!

Give me feedback please? Thanks.

_________________________________

I sighed as the wind tickled against my cheeks, another typical day for me, trying to get high to wash away all the pain that I've been encountering ever since my dad died when I was ten.

My eyes were a little red, and I stood on the balcony next to my best friend, Lola.

I guess I should start with introducing myself. I am currently 15 years old and a sophomore, with black hair and ice blue eyes. My natural hair color is blond. I had a piercing on my lip; I used my tongue to play with it whenever I grew bored.

Lola fanned the air as smoke meandered in her face, dancing everywhere due to the wind, "Here." She offered me the cigarette and I took it, smoking it. "Why can't we do this at your house, Heather? I forget." She mentioned with an annoyed voice tone.

"Lola, you know I can't let my mom know that I smoke. She'd be devastated." I rested my arms on the bar, looking down at the ground that was so far away due to the level of elevation we were on.

"Mm." Was all that came out of her lips; she reached for another cigarette out of the pockets of her gray jacket that smelled like smoke. Her long red and black hair and piercings had totally summed up of who she truly is. A baddy rebel with pretty green eyes who likes to skip school.

"Babe, we're out of beer again." Said Kresten (CREST-IN), Lola's boyfriend. Her boyfriend and his friends were also here, but they were in the house, drinking and blasting music.

"Then go get some more at the corner store or something." She spat out bitterly, placing a cigarette in her mouth. Kresten gave her a quick glare and walked back inside. I remained quiet, sighing again. It's not like I want to do this, it's just....it's the only thing that could relieve me of what I'm going through. I shook my head as if a bee were around it; slowly my vision was getting a bit dizzy.

"Mmm." I moaned out, feeling on my aching head. It felt like someone was constantly beating it with a metal bar.

"Hey, You okay?" Lola asked tersely, grabbing my arm for support as I slowly tilted to the side.

"I'm fine. Just a little..." One of my eyes closed, and I opened it quickly before she could suspect that I couldn't handle getting high. I'm still trying to get used to the effects of it, I only started smoking not too long ago. The only thing that I don't have in common with my drugged up friends is that I didn't really want to be this way, and I wasn't proud of who I became. I love to learn, I don't like to skip class, I want to be somebody, and it had sadly broke my heart that my mom doesn't even know that I skip school sometimes just to hang with them to smoke and drink. And what was consuming me alive even more is that I didn't know how to stop.

I looked up at the sky in thought, hoping that I'd have a wake up call one day.

I gripped onto the bar again to keep my balance, "I'm fine." I assured, giving her a smile to hide my white lie. She smiled and let go of my arm, going back to smoking. I looked at her stubbornly as I pressed my own cigarette against a nearby wooden table and threw it into the air.

"What a waste of a cigarette. I could've smoked that one later." She claimed while frowning. I shrugged, walking away and putting my head against the door that Kresten had just went back into. Lola had then finished her cigarette, she seemed high, and I could tell by the way she was approaching me. "You know, Michael's here," She brought up, a slight grin tugging on her lips that was blanketed by a coat of light red lipstick.

I had suddenly blushed, my mood getting a bit better than what it was. Michael is my ultimate crush, and he happens to be Kresten's best friend. He flirted with me before but he does that with almost every girl.