Chapter 37

Beyonce,

"What's this?" Chris asked the waitress

"Raw clam." she replied

"Chris you gotta eat it, you told me you would." I said, he turned his lip up staring at it.

"Baby girl this shit don't make my mouth water."

"Then what does?" I asked, he licked his lips smirking.

"That pu-"

"Oooookay, that'll be all we're having for right now." I said to the waitress, she nodded before walking off. "You're nasty."

"I know you ain't talkin about nobody bein' nasty." He replied staring down at the raw clams.

"You're nasty, and you're the reason I'm nasty."

"I don't care, look I ain't eating this." He said chuckling as he shook his head. I got up walking over to his side, he scooted over and I slid in next to him in the booth.

"You gotta try it Chris."

"Ok, so what do I get?"

"What you want baby?"

He mumbled in my ear, "I want you to ride my face." I closed my eyes sighing slowly.

"Baby don't do that right now." I said scooting away from him a little. He only scooted in closer leaning down burying his face in my neck. I smiled before biting my lip as he began to suck on my neck.

I felt his hand on my thigh, I grabbed his hand shrugging him off before looking around. I looked over at him and he had picked up the raw clam opening it. "This shit looks so disgusting." He took a deep breath, I turned my head. "Ewwwww." he said, I turned my head back around looking at him wipe his mouth.

"Was it nasty?"

"How do people eat this?" He asked. "Come on we not paying for this." he mumbled

"Are you serious?" I asked

"Dead ass, lets go hurry up." He spoke a little bit above a whisper, I got up from the booth and so did he.

"Did you guys enj-" Chris grabbed my arm dragging me out the restaurant behind him before the waitress could finish her sentence, I ran to keep up with him. He never stopped running until we were at least a few blocks away from the restaurant.

Once we stopped, he laughed breathing heavily taking a seat on the ground. I took a few deep breaths before taking a seat next to him., "We coulda paid for it babe."

"I did." He said

"How?" I asked

"I left the money on the table under my plate, I could never do that, but it was kinda fun." He replied finally catching his breath.

"You okay 24/8." I said pushing his head

"I play what?" He asked laughing

"You heard me." I said flicking him off.

"You 2 ok?" A man asked, we looked up, I nodded.

"Yea just chilling man." Chris said

"Y'all don't look like y'all from around here." he said, he had sort of an accent.

"We aren't, but we'll be here for the next 8 months." Chris replied

"I'm Felix, welcome to Matakana Island, everyone is like family here." he replied

"Thanks man." Chris said shaking his hand.

"If you ever need anything or need just a tour, my house is just on the end of this street." he said, both me and Chris nodded. "Nice meeting you."

"Nice to meet you too." he replied before walking off.

"The people here are amazing." I said as I got up from off the floor along with Chris.

Chris put his arm over my shoulder as we continued down the street, we been out just roaming around since 7 this morning. It was now 3 and I wasn't even ready to go home. "Baby I love you so much." I said wrapping my arms around his torso.

"I love you too baby girl." He kissed my forehead.

>>>

I was sitting on the couch alone in the living room watching tv. I don't know what I was watching, don't even know who I was watching but shit it was cool. Chris had fell asleep, so I was bored.

"Hey bey." I looked up at Ken, I smiled.

"Hey, wassup?"

"Nothing, just got in from the hospital. They don't have a lot, but the people here are all humble. It amazes me." He said taking a seat next to me, I nodded agreeing.

"They are, it's peaceful here too."

"Where's Chris?"

"He's sleep." I replied smiling slightly

"So how did you 2 meet?" He asked

"We met in Virginia, at a church."

"Church?"

"Chris goes to church, he's different from a lot of men his age."

"He seems like a humble guy, he gives off a great vibe."

"He's very humble, and amazing. What about you? Married? Dating?"

"Oh no, my last relationship sorta opened my eyes."

"What you mean?"

"I wasn't her type, she says that I was too busy for her and what she wanted was a man that was available 24/7. That wasn't me."

"Aww, well maybe she wasn't the one for you."

"Maybe." he shrugged, looking at the tv. "He's a lucky guy."

"Nah, I'm just a lucky girl." I replied

"Baby!" I heard Chris yell,i got up from the couch making my way upstairs into our bedroom.

"Huh?"

"You scared me." he mumbled sitting up on his elbow.

"How?"

"I was feeling around for you, and I ain't feel you. It's like a natural thing to pull you close to me while I sleep, I just sleep better." He said before yawning, I smiled crawling into bed next to him. His arms wrapped around me, he held me close to him. He buried his face in the crook of my neck, keeping a tight grip around me. "That's better."

I couldn't help but smile, he's still too good to be true. He still amazes me, everyday. I just feel complete, and he's the reason for it. A few seconds later I heard a few light snores, yet his grip was still so tight around me. I eventually dozed off myself.

Chris,

"Jamie dude that ain't helping."

"Man, how soon you wanna propose?"

"I wanna take my time, I want it planned out perfectly."

"How perfect my boy?"

"Very perfect."

"Well go slow, take your time, start now and propose in a few months. That island is nice, filled with nice people too. Have a few people help you think of creative ideas, think outside the box." I nodded.

"Ok, that's a good idea." I replied

"Just brainstorm first, don't get started without having at least a few ideas in your head."

"Alright, can you do me a favor too?"

"What is it?"

"Check up on my sister for me, she ain't been answering my phone calls."

"Yea just text me her address, and I'll go later. It's 2 AM over here, Imma hit you up later."

"Alright bruh." I say before the line went dead. I hung up putting my phone in my pocket, I needed a perfect way to propose to Bey. I don't know how I'll propose but it's gone be amazing, something she'll never forget.

~~~~~

Ken in the media.