Chapter 24

Chris,

I grabbed bey's arm before she could punch kelly, "Calm down don't step out of your character for her." I said stepping in front of bey.

"No she almost ruined our relationship Chris it's not ok! I'm gonna step out of my character, she fuckin asked for it!" She yelled trying to get around me.

"Listen to me." I said grabbing her face making her look at me. "I never went anywhere, never will. She not worth fighting, Kelly leave." I said

"I-I'll come back for my stuff later." She said before hurrying out the kitchen.

"Chris when she comes back, I promise you she will get it."

"Go get dressed, I wanna take you somewhere." I said, she looked at me weirdly before making her way out the kitchen. I grabbed my phone off the table sliding it into my pocket.

>>>

"I got you princess." I grabbed her hands helping her down the steps.

"Chris what is this place?" She asked

"I found it a few days ago." I replied, I grabbed her hand leading her over to where the water was. I leaned sat down pulling my shoes off along with my socks, I looked up at bey. She looked at me crazily. "Relax come on."

"I guess." She said sitting down next to me, she pulled her shoes and socks off also. I got up and so did she, I rolled cuffed my jeans at the bottom, I jumped over onto the nearest rock. "Christopher I swear to god you better not leave me."

"Jump." I said holding my arms out, she shook her head. "Well I guess I'm leaving you." I said

"No, wait." She said, she took a deep breath before jumping over onto the rock nearly falling, but I caught her. "No lets go back over there."

"No relax baby come on." I spoke soothingly, she nodded. "You trust me?" I asked

"I trust you baby." She said, I smiled keeping a hold of her hand as I stepped into the water. I picked her up by her waist, she smiled. She wrapped her legs around my waist placing her hand on my cheek. "I'm so sorry for not believing you, I should've known better."

"Forget it, leave it in the past." I said

"Baby the water is green."

"So what we aren't drinking it." I took a seat in the water crossing my legs. "Woo it's cold." I chuckled

"What if an alligator comes out of no where?" She asked looking around paranoid.

"I'll wrestle it, relax princess." I replied

"But..."

"Shh, sing to me." I said, she smiled looking up at the sky singing.

"Uhmmmmmmm." she hummed. "I know what song I wanna sing now." she looked back at me.

"Sing it to me." she cleared her throat

"Remember those walls I built?
Well, baby they're tumbling down. And they didn't even put up a fight, They didn't even make a sound." She sounded amazing, she sounded like an angel. "I found a way to let you in. But, I never really had a doubt Standing in the light of your halo. I got my angel now." Her small hand rested on my cheek.

"It's like I've been awakened. Every rule I had you breakin'. It's the risk that I'm taking, I ain't never gonna shut you out, Everywhere I'm looking now I'm surrounded by your embrace." I wrapped my arms around her waist as she rested her forehead against mine.

"Baby, I can see your halo. You know you're my saving grace. You're everything I need and more." Her thumb caressed my cheek slowly as she stared me in my eyes. "It's written all over your face. Baby, I can feel your halo. Pray it won't fade away." she ended there, slightly smiling.

"Your voice warms my heart." I said returning the smile she reached down touching the water.

"It's peaceful here." she said, I could feel her finally relaxing. "Chris?"

"Yea baby?"

"How do you feel about me?"

"I don't know." I said shrugging. "I love you, but love isn't a feeling. It's much more."

"What you mean." She asked looking at me confused.

"See feelings can easily go away in time, but not love. If you love someone that'll never change, what do you think love is?"

"I don't know, a feeling?" She said. "What do you think it is?"

"Love is sacrificing selfish desires for the other's best interest. Now, it doesn't mean you compromise your values or put yourself at risk to fulfill the other person's selfish desires, you get it?" I asked, she nodded. "Basically love is a decision, not just a feeling."

"I love you Chris."

"I love you too bey." I replied

~~~~