Chapter 12

February 3rd

Riverside Tappahonnock hospital

Christopher Brown,

"You gone make it ma, stop talking like that." I said chuckling a little.

"Christopher I feel so horrible." She said just a little above a whisper.

"It's ok ma, the doctors they gone fix you a-and you'll be back home in no time." I said caressing her cheek.

"Where's bey?"

"She went to get Lytrell from the airport." I replied

"You listen to me and you listen to me real good." She said softly but yet so firmly. "When I die-"

"Ma you-"

"Shut up and face the facts Chris, I'm dying and I'm tired of the pain, I'm tired of feeling this way, I just wanna die already, but when God calls me home you have to keep your head on straight. You can't let this affect you too much, promise me that you won't be the way you were when Tori died."

"Mom I can't-"

"You can, now promise me."

"I promise ma." I replied

"Mommy, I came as soon as I could." Lytrell said busting into the room instantly coming to the bedside next to me. Along with bey, as soon as bey saw my mom a tear rolled down her cheek.

"Lytrell, you gotta be strong baby girl. Don't you let this bring you down, you become the best doctor ever and you make me proud, understand?" She said to Lytrell, Lytrell herself broke down crying nodding her head.

"You gotta make it ma I ain't ready for you to go." Lytrell replied

"It's almost that time, but don't worry I'll be at peace and I won't be in pain no more." She said smiling. "Bey.."

"Yes ma'am?" Bey replied wiping her tears trying to fix her face but the tears kept coming.

"You be strong too, you keep your head up. Take care of them for me, and Chris you take care of her. I don't want y'all breaking up, you 2 are meant for each other don't let anything come between y'all." She said. "I love all three of you."

"We love you too ma." I responded

"I'm tired, Imma take a lil nap." She mumbled closing her eyes. We all took a seat in the chairs. Lytrell scooted up to my mom's bedside, bey laid her head on my shoulder.

Bey fell asleep first, she cried herself to sleep along with Lytrell. I rested my head back against the wall signing. Reality ain't hit me yet, but I made a promise to my mom and I wasn't gone break it. I had to keep it together, I had to not for only me but for bey and Lytrell too they need me just as much as I need them. They're all I have left, they're all I need. I then dozed off..

I woke up to loud beeping, it was my mom's heart monitor. Her heart wasn't beating anymore, doctors rushed in waking up both Bey and Lytrell.

"What's going on, fix this!" I yelled standing up, only for them to rush the three of us out the room. "Ma!" I yelled trying to get back in the room.

"Sir you can't go in there, we're gonna do everything we can to get her back, go sit in the waiting room."

"We're gonna do everything we can to save her sir." He said. "Please calm down and go sit in the waiting room."

"I can't do that, I need to be by her side." I said not caring that tears were just streaming down my cheeks.

"Sir, please let us do our job."

"You obviously ain't doin your job if she's still dying, stop fucking talking to me and go fix my wife!" I yelled

"Sir go sit in the waiting room." he repeated, I took a deep breath walking away from the door.

"Th-The waiting room?" I mumbled

"Sir the waiting room."

"Chris come on baby." Bey said

"Babe last time I sat in the waiting room Tori ain't make it I can't go sit in the waiting room, I'm staying right here." I said

"I'll talk to him." Bey said to the doctor, she nodded turning making her way back in the room closing the door.

Lytrell was looking in through the window and I soon joined her. I watched as they used the defibrillator to regain her heart beat. Nothing. She wasn't coming back. I put my hand on the window, "Come back to me." I mumbled trying to keep myself from crying.

"No, no, no, no.." Bey said as she watched through the window intently. She opened the door running into the room trying to get to my mom, but the doctors instantly grabbed her up rushing her out the room. "Mama J!" She yelled, I grabbed her by her waist holding her back against the wall as they closed the door back.

"Baby look at me." I said to her

"Chris she-"

"Shhh baby, look at me." I said, she looked up at me. "We have to be strong for her, ok? God called her home, she's now watching over us."

"Baby she has to come back." She said putting her forehead against my chest crying hard. I wrapped my arms around her.

"It's ok, everything gone be just fine." I mumbled rubbing her back as she cried on my chest.

~~~~