Chapter 17

Chris,

I woke up to some loud banging, I looked down at bey who was sleeping peacefully on my chest. I looked over at the digital clock that sat on the nightstand, 1:46 AM. Who the hell?

Once the banging started up again bey popped up. She threw the blanket off of us, she climbed out of bed and I did too. I grabbed my basketball shorts pulling them on over boxers. She just pulled on my shirt, she left out the room and I looked out the window. I couldn't see the porch.

"Where the fuck is she!" I heard

"Who the hell.." I mumbled making my way out the bedroom, I jogged downstairs.

"You need to leave for real." Bey said

"Dude it's too early, why you bangin' on somebody door?" I said pushing him back out of bey's face.

"Who the hell is this? Kelly! Get yo ass down here!"

I looked behind me to see kelly walking down the steps rubbing her eyes. I really do hope nothing happens, I don't wanna put my hands on nobody.

"Out to the damn car now kelly." He gritted, I put my arm out stopping kelly.

"Do you want to go with him?" I asked, her breathing started to get heavy as she shook her head no.

"Then don't, go back to bed." I said

"Who the hell are you!" He yelled getting in my face.

"Please don't try him." Bey said, she grabbed my arm pulling me back away from him. "Go home Marco."

"Kelly you got 3 seconds to get out to that damn car." He balled his fist up

"What you gone do with that?" I asked pointing at his fist. His jaw clenched, I chuckled. "It's been 7 seconds."

"I-I'll just go." Kelly's voice shook a little. I may not feel comfortable around kelly, but I'd rather her be here and safe.

"No you don't wanna go, so you ain't goin. He ain't gone do shit." I said. "You know what, come on y'all." I said pushing both kelly and bey toward the steps. "We're going back to bed."

He grabbed my shoulder, I turned around knocking his hand off my shoulder. He was a lil bit smaller than I was, I was a few inches taller than him, he looked like he was sprung out on some type of drug.

I gripped a hand full of his shirt holding him up against the wall. "I don't wanna hurt you, so take yo ass out this door and go home." I said calmly. "She don't wanna go with you, so she's not."

It's his shirt go, he looked me up and down before making his way out the door. I closed it and locked it, I turned and looked at Kelly and Bey who were standing on the last step. "Come on, go back to bed." I said

"Thanks Chris." Kelly said, I nodded. I followed them upstairs, Kelly went into the guest bedroom and I followed Bey into our bedroom closing the door behind us. I went over to the window, watching him pull off from in front of the house.

"That won't be the last of him, will it?" I asked

"Nope." Bey sighed, I looked over at her pulling my shirt off. She climbed back into bed pulling the blanket over her.

"Why she still with dude?" I asked climbing into bed next to her. She climbed back on top of me, shrugging.

"Kelly wants a man, she feels like she needs one. I just think she can do so much better."

"But then again baby, if all she's gonna do is go back to him then what's the point in helping her?"

"I know, I say this all the time. But what if I say she can't stay here, and she goes back and he ends up killing her. I would feel like it's my fault, because I could've just let her stay and prevented it." She explained, I nodded wrapping my arms around her.