Chapter 1

©. Copyright @JayCaprio 2015

Beyonce Knowles 
January 1st, 2015
Tappahonnock, VA

"Stop, here's a church I'll just go on ask someone for directions and come back out." I said annoyed with my driver, he pulled over as I asked.

"Yes ma'am." he replied, he was about to get out.

"I can open my own door." I mumbled getting out the car, I put my hat on and closed the door making my way into the huge church.

I heard drums, and a piano, also a guitar. I looked around to people standing up either dancing, or crying. "Uhm excuse me-"

"I'm stronger, I'm wiser
I am better, so much better." I heard a guy sing, I looked up at the alter to a light skin man. He was covered in tattoos, he had a red SnapBack on his head except it was turned backwards. He had tears in his eyes as he sung the song. He sang it with heart, and he hit the notes better than Marvin Sapp. "I would've lost my mind a long time ago If it had not been for you." He wiped his tears falling to his knees.

"Get it Chris!" An older lady yelled, I found myself a seat watching him sing his heart out, once the song came to an end he wiped his tears and put his hands together, like he was praying.

The choir took a seat, and he slowly got up from the floor. He hugged the pastor, and when he stepped down from the alter he hugged a woman before he sat down next to her.

I didn't mean to stay the whole service, but I did. Once the pastor did dismiss, I was the first out, but I waited off to the side keeping my head down occasionally looking up. Once the guy that was singing came out, I grabbed his arm pulling him over to the side.

"Woah, you ok ma'am?" He asked, I looked up at him. He smiled, and waved. "You alright?" He asked

"You don't know me?" I asked

"Yea, you're Beyonce. Who don't know you?" He replied

"My driver got lost, and he doesn't know his way back to the high way, can you help?" I asked

"Of course, just trail me I'll lead you there." He said

"Hey, you have a beautiful voice. Ever think about becoming a singer?" I asked

"Nah, that ain't for me I like my private life." He replied with that same smile. He smiled like he was satisfied with life itself. His smile made me feel alive, not only was his smile sexy. So was he, he was truly a beautiful man.

"Christopher!" We both looked in her direction.

"Yes ma'am?" He replied

"I can't find my inhaler." She replied

"I'll be right there Ma." He said, I shook my head scoffing. He's one of those men who lives with their mom and don't work.

"You live with your mom?" I asked

"No, she lives with me. Every since she fell I couldn't have her living by herself no more, so I moved her in with me." He replied, I instantly felt guilty. "I'm Christopher by the way, but you can call me Chris if you want." he said holding his hand out, I took his hand shaking it.

"Nice to meet you Chris."

"Just follow me." He said about to walk off.

"Wait!" I blurted, I wanted to know more about him he just intrigues me. "Uhm can I have your number?" I asked clearing my throat looking away, he chuckled.

"You want my number?" He asked confused

"Yeah.." I said

"Nah you can't have my number." he said, and I looked at him shocked. "But can I have your number, please?" He said, and I smiled relieved.

"Yes you can." I said, he dug into his pocket pulling his phone out giving it to me. I slid my finger across the screen. "Uhm you have to put the code in." I said

"Oh it's 1989." He said, I typed it in going to his number pad. I typed my number in and added myself as a contact before texting myself. I handed him the phone back and he slid it back into his pocket.

"You just gave me your password." I said slightly laughing

"Everybody in the world has my password, it's a tendency of mine. I just don't care who has my password." he said shrugging. "I'll text you later, ok?" He said, I nodded. He jogged over to his mom, I watched him as he dug around in her purse pulling out seed inhaler. I smiled walking back to my car getting in the backseat.

"Where to ma'am?" He asked

"Just follow that car." I said pointing to the red 2012 Mustang. He nodded, and waited for Chris to pull off the parking lot. He pulled off after him.

~~~

Keep or delete?