Chapter 13

February 5th

Tappahonnock VA

Beyonce Knowles,

"You ok?" Chris mumbled to me as he walked into the bathroom. He placed his hand on my lower back. I nodded sniffling a bit. He laid his head on my shoulder, he looked in the mirror at me. "Smile Beyoncé." He spoke softly. "I miss your smile." I blushed, slightly smiling looking down.

He lifted his head from my shoulder, he turned me around to face him. I looked up at him smiling, he returned the smile caressing my cheek with his thumb. "You're so beautiful, stop crying you heard what she said bey." He spoke softly.

"I know I just..." I sighed

"Look I have to go to work, when I get off I'm taking you out. Can you call and check on Lytrell for me?" He asked, I nodded. He grabbed my face, leaning down placing a gentle kiss on my lips. "Happy one month anniversary princess." He spoke softly against my lips, once I looked into his eyes I noticed something different.

He had a passionate look in his eyes. He had the look like he was genuinely ready to give his all to me, "After we get back from our date tonight, I wanna pack up both Tori and my mom's things and put it in storage." he said

"You sure you ready for that Chris?" I asked a bit surprised, he nodded.

"I'm ready." he said. "I'll be back at 6, be ready." he added, I nodded before he walked out the bathroom.

Chris

"Chris Ross needs you in his office." Jem said sticking his head into my office. I sighed getting up from my chair, I shoved my cell phone back into my pocket. I needed to tell him I quit, I need to find a job out in New York so I can be with Bey and Lytrell.

Once I made it into his office he smiled at me, "Just the man I wanted to see." He said getting up, pointing to the seat across from him, I narrowed my eyebrows as I took a seat. "Chris, you're my best worker here hands down. Hardest working man I know, but-"

"If you're about to fire me I quit." I said interrupting him.

"I'm not firing you Chris, I'm promoting you. See I need you to run the building I have in New York, the way you built this place was amazing and business is great now because of you, so I need you to do the same in New York. Will you?"

"Of course Ross, this is crazy I was about to move to New York with my girl friend, I just had to find a job."

"Well now you don't have to worry about that. Can you be in New York next month?" He asked

"Yes sir, I can be." I replied

"Oh and I'm sorry for your lost, I know how it feels to lose your mother. Best thing you can do is live on their legacy." He said, he had a sympathetic expression on his face. "My mom owned this place before I did, and there is no way in hell I'm gone let it die." He said

"Thank you Ross." I said getting up from my seat, I made my way out of his office. The funeral was in 2 weeks, after the funeral I wanna just leave and go to New York. I want a fresh start, there's so many bad memories here and it's weighing me down.

Beyonce,

After I washed the last dish putting it away my phone started ringing. I dried my hands pulling it out my pocket hitting answer, "Hey lytrell, you ok boo?"

"Yea." She sighed. "I'm ok, just a bit shaken up. You ain't gone die next are you?"

"No boo I'm as healthy as they come." I replied slightly chuckling

"Good, I don't think I can lose another person close to me." She replied

"Me and Chris will be moving to New York after the funeral, so me and you can hang out more." I said

"Girl you gone be so busy when you come back." She said

"I know, but I'm not going to rush to get things done, they ain't about to rush me."

"Aye, how you doing tho?" She asked. "You took it worse than me and Chris did."

I sighed, "I'm doing much better, I still wanna break down and cry, but I'm trying to keep it together."

"Hold your head up, we gotta live on her legacy keep her name known." She replied. "But I gotta go bey, I gotta get ready for class."

"Alright boo, love you."

"Love you too, bye." She said, I hung the phone up.

My Baby: I'm outside baby (6:15 PM)

Coming out now ~6:15 PM

I threw the towel in the sink grabbing my jacket off the chair. I pulled it on as I walked out the kitchen, through the living room and out the front door.

He was already out the car opening the car door for me. I smiled as I made my way over to him. "I got good news baby." He said

"Good, I need some good news." I said as I got into the car. He closed the door, I reached over opening the car door for him and he got in.

"Seat belt lil girl." He said

"Lil? Boy I'm grown."

"Boy?" he said putting his hand on his chest gasping as he looked over at me.

"Yes little boy." I replied

"I'm a man baby girl and I can show you that." he said winking at me, I blushed flicking him off. He chuckled grabbing my hand. "Keep that finger up." he said

"I will." I said with a smirk, he put my finger in his mouth. I looked at him raising an eyebrow, I felt his tongue brush up against my finger as he gently sucked on my finger. I bit my bottom lip slightly as he slowly pulled my finger out his mouth.

He leaned over kissing my cheek, "Just imagine me eating you, I won't be a boy then." he spoke seductively in my ear.

"Chris moooove." I whined pushing his head. "Playing with my damn emotions." I poured

"Trust me when it happens, it'll be the best thing you've ever had." He spoke confidently.

"Yea right." I said smiling as I looked over at him, he started the car pulling out the driveway.

"You'll see, you gone really be attached to a nigga then." He said

~~~~~