Match

//At last,
The tables fold,
The rugs gets rolled,
And the two of us leave,
But don't go in the same way,
In the end,
It was all meant to happen...
-Mason Mount 'Us'//

Taking a deep breath, you sit beside Sofia, watching the empty stadium below.

"Hey." She smiles, turning her phone off, and on her Lock Screen is a picture of her with this guy, Kai you believe.

She looks so happy, so safe with this guy.

Maybe happy ever after does exist,
But not with everyone,
Maybe you have to chase after the happy ever after,
Because sometimes happy ever after's don't just fly to you,

It's like a butterfly, so incredibly beautiful, running away,
Just so you can find it,
Not all the time happy ever after's come to you,
You have to chase it,
To make it become true,
To make it alive.

"Hey, how are you doing?" You begin conversation with Sofia, and get lost in her words. She tells you a funny memory between her and Kai, and it reminds you of you and Mason.

"Sofia...have you ever- ever thought you and Kai were never going to work?" You risk asking such a personal question.

Sofia stares at her nails for a second, deep in thought,
"Sorry-" you explain, feeling like a sh*tty person for asking such a thing.

"No, really it's fine." She shares a warm smile.
"To answer your question...yes, yes at one point I thought God never wanted us to be together, that everything wanted to pull us apart.
But then-..I'm not sure, I realised that-...that maybe some things don't happen at the time for a reason, so..
A couple months later, signs were bringing me and Kai toegther again, and this time..."

Mason's POV

"...it was the right time.
Maybe sometimes if you truly love someone, it takes time for you to get together and become One." Kai tells me, answering my question, whilst putting his training shoes on.

I take in his words, his words carved into me,
Maybe these 3 weeks were our break,
Our time to realise,
To understand.

Your POV

After a while, the teams line against each other, entering the pitch and the audience roars.

Sofia screams Kai's name, happiness painted all over he face when Kai looks over at her and smiles.

Something hits deep in your heart, poking you and your emotions.

Mason looks in the same direction of Kai and meets your eye, he looks confused, yet a glimmer of happiness lingers in his gaze.

You smile at him and although it pains so, so very bad, you manage to scream "GOOD LUCK MASE!" holding your arms in curves C shapes around your mouth.

Despite everything that's happened, everything that's happening, Mason deserves the world, and your respect.

{10 minutes in the game...}

"YES MASONNNN!" You jump up in your seat, a spark of serotonin swallowing you and you squeal and clap your hands like a toddler, Sofia laughing by your sudden actions.

Mason's POV

My eyes scan the audience and plant on her again, jumping, squealing, reminding me of the old times, when we were too caught up in our young lives to remember about life,

The boys literally climb on top of me, celebrating the goal I just managed.

I laugh along at them, mostly feeling happy about Y/n...

Your POV

{end of match- 4 (Chelsea) - 1}

The whole audience roars with excitement and serotonin, showing their t-shirts, screaming the players name, declaring their sudden love for them.

"Come on!" Sofia grabs your hands and leads you to the footballers down below.

You stare at Mason gulping down his water and then tossing it on the Astro turf,
Feeling a boost of serotonin you run to him and wrap your arms around him, wrapping your legs around his waist.

When he doesn't respond you feel slightly embarrassed as if you did the wrong thing.

As if sensing this, Mason hugs you back, as you dig your face into the crook of his neck, feeling the safety and touch you had ached for-...

...as long as ever.

"Y/n..." he whispers into your ear, holding you closer to him, never, ever wanting to let go.

"I love you too." He kisses your cheek as he puts you down, looking right at you, thousands of people staring at the footballers,

At Mason,
At You.

The Polaroid.

Sofia's Words.

It's the signs.

More than one sign.

Perhaps?
Maybe there is an Us?
Maybe?...