Unexpected visitor

//Somebody asked if I knew you,
A million memories flashed through my mind,
But I just smiled,
And said,
'I used to'
-Mason Mount 'Us'//

Upon waking up your brain replays the last few scenes of your dream, in the soft white gold light of the new day, the hues of your bedroom move from impressionist pastels to brilliant pop art. Quite amusing.
Your brain practically hurts from last night. The game was amazing, couldn't be better actually, it's just the fact that you met a gorgeous celebrity and didn't even bother to get his number or anything. You literally ignored him.
Even if you tried to contact him via instagram what's the chance that your messsage will shine amongst a million other 12 year old fan messages?

You peel off your pyjamas and stick on a crop top with some ripped mom (simple/cute) jeans and a grey zip up hoodie to keep you warm. Perfect.

Starbucks was overrated, I mean who has the mentality to pay £5 for a coffee! Instead of the usual cliché routine for 22 year olds females, you avoid Starbucks and go to a local, nearby cafe and order a coffee, the tanatalizing bitter taste exploding on your tongue making you feel all weird and fuzzy. Coffee isn't nice, people only drink it for the main purpose that it keeps you awake and gives you a sense of maturity, and yeah, it does, in a way.

Sitting on a table by yourself, you flick through your phone unaware of your surroundings and slightly jump when a figure asks if he can sit opposite you.

Your eyes flash over to his, as your heart sprints a thousand miles, "Oh um yeah sure."

You reply gesturing to the spare seat.

Tom.

"So, what happened yesterday. Why were you in such a rush?"

"Oh, I forgot I didn't give my dog, food...and just remembered. He'd die of hunger if I left to go home any later." You anxiously chuckle.

"Riiight" Tom replies and then all of a sudden you and Tom begin talking about dogs.

You didn't have a dog, you lied, I mean you weren't gonna say 'Oh yeah, Mason Mount is my sworn enemy and I'd rather die than see communicate with him.'. You could've said that but your thought of better judgement not to.

"Well I better get going now." You glance at your watch as you give Tom his phone back after just exchanging numbers. You felt as if you were dancing on clouds.

Quickly walking to your car, you bump into a familiar lady. Blonde-ish hair, somewhat similar. "Oh sorry." You look up and her face is weirdly familiar. You mind knots in multiple strings. "I'm sorry have I seen you before?" You ask, as people barge past you.
The lady gives you a sideways glance when her eyebrows raise in realisation. You, on the other hand are in complete and utter confusion.

"Y/n Y/l/n!" She hugs you and the fresh smell of coconut radiates from her. "You look so different! Wow!"

OHHHHHHH.

"Debbie..." Debbie Mount. "Hey! Hi so nice to meet you again." You and Mason's mother begin a conversation, catching up on things you've missed. "How come you don't speak with Mason anymore?" She asks, you knew it was coming yet you still look taken aback.

"Oh, you know, the usual, college and university, not enough time on my hands." You fiddle with your thumbs and shrug.

"Oh right, well it's a shame you missed out on Jaz's wedding! Mason was meant to invite you, but he never got back to me." She chuckles, the infamous Mount dimple showing. A pang of guilt explodes in the pit of your stomach.

"Oh, yeah I must've been in California at the time with my best friend." You sort of lie, you and Denisa did go California together but not at the time of his sister's wedding..Although Mason hurt you so bad, something inside of you still felt something for him, and it was gradually tearing you apart.

"That sounds nice Honey, well do come around sometime, we reallly miss you coming over every day and making the whole family laugh." She smiles and you remember coming straight to the Mount's house after school and practically being with his family all the time. Mason did the same with yours. That's when you were kids though, nothing mattered back then.

"Yeah of course, anytime." You force a fake yet generous smile, as Debbie just stares at you for a second.

"Well...actually. Come over for dinner tonight! It's been so long and it'll be a surprise for Mason!" Debbie chuckles as another dimple shows. You couldn't refuse, it'd be rude, but the only reason you left yesterday was to specifically avoid Mason yet fate just keeps bringing the two of you closer.

Is it fate? Or coincidence?

"Um.." you begin, unsure whether to accept or kindly decline, however if you decline, it would look kind of suspicious.

The Mount family hold the purest souls (except Mason) and you just couldn't straight up be a snake to them anymore. Just because you hate Mason, didn't mean you hate the rest of the family. "Yeah I'll be there." You smile, finally accepting the offer.

God, you hoped, no prayed that Mason would be "too busy" at training or whatever footballers do in their spare time, to come over and join dinner.