Soft Touch

//And then again our eyes met,
But I didn't know,
It was for the last time -Y/n Y/l/n -Us//

Mason's slow yet heavy breaths fill you, as you feel his heartbeat banging out of his chest.
Your eyes feel drowsy from the makeup and the scene.
"Come on love..." Mason grabs your hand, then feels the hotness radiating from it.
Concern drowns his face, as his eyes meet your slightly bruised hand.

"He did this?" He asks, more to himself, "He did this..." fury meets his eyes, as he stares at the man, blood dripping down his lip.

"Mase...forget it." You manage, still not being able to recover.

"I'm not f*cking forgetting it." Mason let's you go and strides towards the man once more.

You close your eyes tightly as you hear grunts and the strong smell of blood. Guards now interfere, realising that things are getting out of hand.
"Mason! Mason stop it!" You scream, your eyes still tightly shut.
"MASON STOP PLEASE!" You plead, nothing so loud now that your throat feels hoarse.

You feel his hands wrap around yours, you open your eyes watching the crowd watching you and Mason.
He leads you out the gigantic castle, with a light grip on your injured hand.

——

The whole journey to the hotel, he stares out the window, not letting go of your hand, not letting go of your heart.
His knuckles are bruised and bloody and it aches to see the pain marked all over his face.

————-

"Oh I just heard the news. We are so sorry Mr and Mrs Mount..." Mr Havertz explains, genuine worry painted on his face.
You manage a forced smile, tears stinging in your eyes.

Arriving in the room, Mason huffs and sits on the bed, inspecting his bloody knuckles.

Ruffling through your bag, your puffy dress following behind you, you pull out a first-aid kit, (in case of an emergency, likewise).
Peeling out a bandage you wrap it around Mason's hand.

"Why did you do this to yourself?" You mutter, hearing Mason wince at a sensitive spot.

"Hm?" You look up to see him facing another direction. "Why Mase? Why put your life at stake for me?"

Mason's POV

Because I love you... because I f*cking love you and I'll do whatver it takes to save you...

She sighs, taking in my ignorance and stands up. "Here." I say, passing her my clean joggers and a hoodie.
"I have my own clothes you know." She explains, after all this, she still has the effort to argue. Nonetheless, she takes the clothes and goes to the bathroom.

I've never felt as scared as I felt today...
What if I lost her?
What if that revolting man did something to her?
I'd never be able to forgive myself.

These bruises..they're worth it, worth each and every mark.

"Mase..." she mumbles, struggling with something in the bathroom.

Coming to her assist, I stand up and edge near the bathroom door. "Yeah?" I mutter quietly.
"Can you come in?" She answers, gulping down a lump in her throat.

Anxiously I enter the large bathroom, and she is still in her flowering dress. "My back, there's a zip and I- I can't manage..could you?" Nervousness trails along her words, as if she find it uncomfortable to say such a thing.

I discover the zip and slowly pull it down, revealing her bare, olive back. Goosebumps trail my arms, as I shift nervouslessly.
I pull the zip down to her lower back, not wanting to make her uncomfortable by exposing too much.

She gulps. "Mason...um could you help me-.um.." she struggles with her words I know what she wants to say, however she feels uncomfortable.
"Actually I'll call Esmeralda." She shakes her head and leads to the bathroom door before I stop her.
"It's late. Don't bother her, I'll help you take your dress off. I promise I won't look." I promise, I'm a respectful man, I wouldn't look at her, even if the temptation rises.

Y/n gives me a sceptical look, as if not believing a word I say.
Finally, she gives in, and allows me to help her change.
Using my senses, (not my eyes) I untangle her from the bulking dress, and let her climb into the, my hoodie.

Receiving permission, I open my eyes and she wraps her arms around my neck, nuzzling her face into the crook of my neck.
"Thank you so much for today Mason." She whispers, her soft touch sending tingles throughout my body.

"Are we enemies?" I blurt out, which causes her to slightly flinch in my arms. I feel the tension slightly rise.

"Do enemies save each other?" She asks, sarcastically.

"Um...no?"
"That's your answer then." She releases me from her touch, casting away the spell, and suddenly the urge to kiss her is unreal.
I stare at her lips, wanting her to indulge me with her soft lips.

She yawns, once again, breaking the spell.

I look away.

"I'm tired, I'm going to bed." She mumbles, making her way to the bed as I follow on, in a knot of my own thoughts.

Had we nearly kissed?
Had I nearly kissed her?
Surely she felt the connections, the spark of us about to kiss...
Then why did she push it away?
Why did she push me away?

Oh...

She doesn't feel the same way,
She doesn't feel the same way as me does she?

She doesn't love me...