Why?

//At the end of the day,
I begin to realise,
I've been pushing,
the wrong person away,
from my life,
In fact, I should be pulling him in,
holding him close because,
He's the one,
The One...-Y/n Y/l/n 'Us'//

-Y/n Y/l/n 'Us'//

Your POV

Sleep hung onto you in a slumber, keeping you dazed. Last nights memories sprinted back to you, Mason's words leaving a nasty scar on your chest. You groggily open your eyes to the emepty space beside you.
Mason?
Worry hits you straight away as you instantly sit up. Did he get to the hotel ok?
Did he even arrive to the hotel?

Panicked, you call the reception.
"Hey, calling from Room 10, did Mason Mount check in yesterday? I can't t seem to find him..." no one was in the bathroom as the door was wide open. The woman on the other end chuckles and mutters something under her breath. "Oh yes, he checked it last night and also just checked out like 30 minutes ago I suppose"
Why?
"Oh ok thanks" you end the call and questions flurry to your mind.
If Mason hurt you so bad why did you care?
Why was he the first thing that wandered onto your mind as soon as you woke up?
Why him?
Out of everyone why your so called 'enemy'?...

Your phone chimed with a message from Tom, asking if he can call you. You reply and within seconds he's on the other line.

"No nothing much." You say, after he asks how's it going.
He still doesn't know that your on a holiday with Mason...posing as his wife..
Hey! Either way it's not your fault, you only resllised you were acting as a Mount from the beginning of the holiday.

And it was enough time to tell Tom about it....

But you couldn't just throw it all way...you couldn't throw Tom away. You just began to get closer.

In Tom's perspective, he thinks your on holiday with a friend, just hanging out.

Not your enemy.
Not a footballer.

You couldn't help but feel guilty about 'cuddling' with Mason when you were obviously growing feelings for Tom, and vice versa.
Although you look like a mess, you agree to FaceTime.
Mason wasn't gonna be back till later on, besides you and Tom had known each other long enough to let you reveal your natural look (which to your surprise, Tom preffered).

"Nice hoodie." Tom smiled, his smile lighting up your day.
"Nice hoodie?" You tilt your head slightly, confused and then look at your clothes.
Wha-
Mason?
Mason...

You smell it briefly and it smells precisely like Mason's aftershave, sort of..
Comforting?

"Oh um..thanks?" You murmur, guilt swallowing you for lying straight to Tom's face.
In the distant something big pokes out from a corner, your eyes squint to aim a closer look, yet it really doesn't help.
"What's up?" Tom asks, scratching the back of his neck.
"I- there's just something there in the corner... one second." You climb out of bed and waddle to the corner.

One word,
One name,
Mason.

Your eyes lighten up in surprise, in excitement, confusion, all sorts of emotions.
Attached to the giant giraffe was an attached note.

Sorry
-Geoff

He remembers..he still remembers. You chuckle to yourself and a dimple cuts through your cheek.

Tom laughs slightly, "Everything alright?"
He snaps you out of your thoughts as you concentrate on your phone screen. "Uhm yeah, actually can I call you back please?"
"Sure."

You end the phone and focus on the giraffe, a ton of questions churning in your mind.

Why Mason bought this after saying those nasty things..
Why he's suddenly disappeared..
When did he even give this hoodie to you?
You concentrate on last night.
And then it hits you.
You were too sleep-drunk to realise. Mason had noticed you were cold so wrapped you in his hoodie.
Wrapped you in his hoodie....

Why are you smiling!?

Why are you smiling?...

A weird, uneasy yet comforting feeling swarms in the pit of your stomach, causing the butterflies to jump excitedly.
What the hell.

Still in your haze of smiling, you grasped the gaint giraffe and held it close, as if it held a bunch of memories not ready to be unleashed...or maybe they were already unleashed, you just had to catch them.
Maybe this giraffe was one of the memories between you and mason, maybe theres a whole lot of memories waiting to be discovered once again. Waiting to be made.

Ending your train of thought, the door unlocks and Mason leans against it after closing the door behind him, his arms folded and his dimple shining.

There he stood, making the butterflies jump uncontrollably, making your heart feel a certain way you can't explain....

Why?

All of a sudden. Last night rushed back to you again, haunting you almost. Like a dark cloud on a perfect summer's day.
No matter what, no matter the amount of 'Sorry's' Mason can't erase what he said, nor can you erase it from your mind after trying so hard.

You gulp and look away from him. Suddenly the floor being the center of attention.

You could sense.a slight frown appearing on Mason's face. "Uhm." He cleared his throat. "Mr Havertz said that he booked us a couple's..um..breakfast in this dead fancy restaurant." Mason croaked, as if the words pained to say...