No 'Us' in Mason & Y/n

//guess I better
Wash my mouth out
With soap
-Mason Mount 'Us'//

————————————
(Y/n texts Tom multiple times on the holiday, feelings, or so it seems, begins creeping in. However, Readers maybe these feelings are for Mason instead. Yet Y/n is blind and convinced it's for Tom. Maybe it is? Maybe it isnt?)

————————————
"Put it on loud speaker for me." Jasmines voice through the phone echoes throughout the room, as you and Mason lay on the bed, keeping distance.
It was about 6pm in the evening, and the pathetic photoshoot made you exhausted.
"Guys, please don't fight, I payed for this whole thing, I don't want you lot to ruin it for yourselves. Do me a job and act mature Mase." She says, as Mason rolls his eyes.
"Just, you can argue and fight as much as you want after the holiday. Besides Y/n you said you wanted to owe me, well try not to fight with Mase, same goes for you Mason"
It was a like a teacher giving a lecture to 2 misbehaved enemies.

Mr Havertz kindly bought you both tickets to the carnival, and Mason did not refuse. Of course he didn't, he loved the fair. Well, he loved candy floss more..

Irritate, you rummage through your suitcase, in desperate need for a simple yet chic fit.
You hold up a cropped top you finally have the self-confidence to wear. Gosh it looks to great on models, and now you have this sudden courage to wear it, judging how magnificent you looked in that silk dress earlier in the day.

"This looks cute doesnt it?" You mutter to yourself, a bad habit of yours you need to drop.

Mason's POV

Scrolling through my phone, I secretly watch Y/n as well. There's this weird, sickening yet comforting feeling in my stomach whenever she's with me, whenever she's talking to me, whenever she touches me.
Like my heart bounces yet my chest rises up and down in nervousness.
As if this new feeling is swallowing me whole.
I hear her mumble something and my ears are fast enough to collect each word.
My eyes start to the top shes holiding up. Whoa...she'd look to good in that. I just know she will.
Why the f*ck am I thinking like this?
I shouldn't care
And I need to stop caring.

"Nope I think you should've got a size larger." I joke...although I can't help but notice her eyes drop down lower. She stares at the top for a while, as if interpreting what I just said.
Old Y/n would just shoot back a roast at me, not make me feel bad because of a petty joke.
I don't mean it..
She knows I don't mean it.

Your POV

Old you would shoot an insult right back at his face.
Your 22 now, words cut deeper than a knife, especially about ones body.
Hormones make you feel certain ways about your body, especially as a girl. Whether you are upto beauty standards. Whether you're like a model. Whether you stand out like a shimmering princess and catch every boys attention.
Living upto society's standards.
Today, for once, you felt like a true princess, you admired yourself.

Nope, you should've got a size bigger.

You push the thought out of your mind and convince yourself that you are not going to let Mason's words both you. And your not going to let him have the satisfaction of that.

"I may be a fat ass to you Mason, but I can easily lose weight...
You're a dumb ass, how are you going to fix that?" You shoot back, sill not looking at him.
Seizing a tinge of self-confidence again you grab the top and go in the bathroom to change.

In the reflection all your flaws stand out like a sore thumb.
Your body looks flat, not like the models, not like how it looked in the morning.
Maybe you should've gotten a bigger size.
You peel the top off and dig in your suitcase, to eventuallly find a loose/slightly baggy nike nude crewneck and ripped denim jeans.