Not a book

^^^

//Our hearts were meant for each other,
2 halves of a soul,
Destined to be,
Put together,
But we found each other,
At the wrong time
-Y/n Y/l/n 'Us'//

"Whoaaaa who's this Mase?" A blonde footballer asks, in a nike tracksuit, knudging Mason with an elbow.

Irritated, Mason ignores him, walking off to Lampard as you sit on a bench, watching the huddle of boys together on the field.

"Hey." A pretty, brunnettte girl near you smiles.

"Oh hey." You reply, responding with a simple smile back.

"I'm Sophia, Kai dragged me here with him." She chuckles, her teeth shining under the dim sunlight.

"Yeah Mason did the same thing." You blurt out, realising what you just said.

"Oh so you and Mason are like?..." she proceeds, asking for confirmation.

You laugh it off shaking you head. "No, um we're just-" you look away for a second.

Just what?
Friends?
Enemies?
both?

"Is it ok to say that I don't know?" You say, humiliating yourself.

"Oh yeah that fine, I mean both of you obviously like each other so that's why you don't know whether you're friends or more...sorry I'm just blabering on" she laughs away her uneasiness.

A bit like that. We don't really know whether we are friends or not...

"No I get where you're coming from. I just- it!s  complicated." You answer, not wanting to disclose anymore information.

After a while, you guys drift away from the conversation of Mason and yours relationship. Focusing on life careers and relatable facts.

Mason's POV.

"Mase, she your girlfriend?" Reece chuckles, slapping me on the back, looking in the direction of Y/n.

"Is it ok to say she's hella fit mate." Tammy cackles, kicking around a football.

"She's not my girlfriend, she"sjust- a family friend, and she happened to be in the car with me when you called."

I'm not lying.

She is a family friend.

"Oh sick! I can ask her out then!" Tammy punches the air, as Reece tackles him, "If you get to her before me."

I want to laugh, but I feel-
I-..jealous?

jealous?

wait I feel jealous?

they haven't even spoken to her yet and I feel jealous.

Jealous that they get a fresh new start of becoming close with her,
Jealous that they have no bad history with her,
Jealous that they are probably not going to get their heart broken with her.

I look away for a second, watching Y/n laughing with Sofia on the benches.

God she's so gorgeous, the light catches her hair in a way which makes her face glow, glow with happiness, with the most amazing dimple carved on her cheek.

I love her so much.

So f*cking much.

But enemies can't be lovers.

Not every story has a happily ever after,
Especially ours,

Our story isn't a book.

Not a book...