Us.

//And there it was,
The definition of ,
Right person,
Wrong time.//

Magical.
Mystical.
Sensational.

All words flicker in your mind, as you taste him on your tongue, his soft lips wrapped around yours. He didn't taste of alcohol. So he wasn't drinking.

His grip on your waist pulls you closer to him as you gasp, surprised, this feeling...it was a completely new one.

You had kissed guys before, but not like this, not with all these different mix of emotions floating around you.

His wet lips softly brush against yours, as you pull away, looking at him, looking at his eyes.

"I love you Y/n..." he croaks, holding your face in his hands, caressing your cheek with his thumb

Pain reaches you.

Comical, how quickly happiness can be replaced with pain

In those last ten seconds, it was just you and mason, you and Mason against the world.

Nothing else mattered.

Everything faded away.

You grab Mason's hand gently from your cheek, and peel it from your touch.

"What?..." he whispers softly, a frown appearing on his face.

It can't be.

"This won't work Mase...we, us we won't work." You whisper, each word acting like a massive hurdle to overpass.

Disappointment and pain flickers in his eyes, "Why?.." he sniffs, looking away.

"Because..." You begin, pain searing through you, like a knife piercing through you.

Worse than that actually.

"Because you don't love me back?...I know Y/n." He answers, looking down on the floor, his face tingling with pain.

You stay silent, unsure of what to say.

You love him with your whole heart..but at the same time..something keeps putting you off.

"Then what was that spark? That connection. Don't tell me you didn't feel it..."

It's true. You did feel it,

of course you felt it.

But it was all so jumbled up.

You were unsure whether these feelings were for Tom or for Mason.

"I-." Before you finish, Mason takes a deep breath and peels his phone case off, revealing a Polaroid.

The.

Polaroid.

He throws it away on the floor and let the pool of rainwater carry it away as it floats.

Looking at it, it looks distorted, your laughing face, and Mason's dimple looking wrong but also so right.

Your heart stings, you whole body stings, this is all too much.

"I got my answer Y/n. Hide your feelings all you want. You going to have to unleash them someday." He says, a little higher than a whisper now.

Thunder claps suddenly, shocking you awake, the wind howls, leaving you dark in a room with no sunlight, no windows, no escape.

Turning around Mason walks off, leaving you in the middle of nowhere, where the storm rises, and you're left in the cold.

You stand there, then kneel to the concrete sobbing, how could he just-

Burying yourself in your arms, footsteps appear, tapping closer to you.

The suddenly it stops.

You don't even care at this rate.

Who does?