Analogue

//It's funny just how easily the strongest, longest bond can break, within seconds at that...
-Y/n Y/l/n 'Us'//

You guys were 18, at a party together, till Mason, he must of seen you with another guy perhaps? That's what it seemed like, maybe it was? Maybe it wasn't? Maybe it was for the sole purpose that Mason was beginning to hate you.

You had began dating this boy, this boy who made your heart shine, shine so bright you were actually grateful that your rib cage had been there to protect your ecstatic heart from attacking others.

Besides that, You and Mason were beginning to become distant, awkwardly distant, to the point where you would only catch his glance in hallways, or in the cafeteria or in class every now and then. This bond, it was a like string, and with both of you pulling apart from this string, it made it weaker and weaker till it will eventually snap.

"Mason what's up? You've been acting really distant lately." You said, pulling him to a quiet, private place, where no one could hear. All he did was stare at the floor. "What? Mase...speak to me." You'd added calmly.

"Why? Why now? All those other times you never gave a sh*t about me! Too busy with 'Josh'" Mason had argued back, talking about your boyfriend. "What? Mason are you- jealous?" You asked, anxiety creeping in your voice.
"No! Why would I be jealous?"

You argued with him for the 10th time this week, shooting insults back at forth at each other, mindless about hurting one another's feelings till he accidentally, or purposely..blurted out  "Any man would be out of their mind to date you! I mean look at you!" He snapped, each word escaping his mouth freely. Instantly his eyebrows rose up in disbelief at his own words.

You stopped talking, you stayed there frozen.
You could feel the tears stinging your eyes, balancing on the edge. You don't move and you can feel him slowly move towards you, eyes filled with regret and realisation that he went too far. Mason had known how you felt about yourself, how every teenage girl felt about their self yet he chose to say that.

Finally, you were happy with Josh, you had found someone, someone who loved you for who you were but Mason just-... "I-" he began before you ran off.

And that was it, the string snapped, the tension had grown too much for the string to handle, too much for the both of you to handle...