Friends don't look at 'friends' that way...

//Just friends, they agreed
While it worked for one,
The other lied again.//

Your POV

After your splendid yet way overpriced breakfast, you and Mason went for a walk around the posh ares of Ibiza, pretending to be those posh, extremely rich people, yet Mason couldn't keep his laughter in.
"Mase stop!"
You repeated for the 100th time this hour, shoving Mason onto the road as you walk along the pavement.
"Are you trying to kill me?!" He exclaims sarcastically, as a speedy car zooms past, Mason just about dodged it. He began pushing you to the wall of a building.
"God, you're such a kid." You say shaking your head as he chuckles and all the memories flood back to you.
Good ones.
You realise that your pulling new memories with Mason back into your life.
Maybe he isn't so bad. And it's about time to accept his apology and move on.

You groan, as your heel digs into your shoes, creating blisters surrounding your feet.

"What?" Mason asks, concern spreading across his face as he watches you stumble. "Are you drunk?" He adds, knowing very well that you rarely drink.
"No you idiot, these heels are killing." You complain, as each step is another blister for life.

Mason look at you, then your feet.
"I hate you." He says, again, this time with saracasm, with no hint of meaning. "Here, take my socks. I'll hold your heels for you." Mason takes his shoes off, leaning against a wall for support, and peels off his socks.

Smiling with satisfaction, you unclasp your heels and pass them to Mason, holding his socks with a look of disgust on your face.
"Don't worry they're clean. I mean, I can have it back if you want." Mason shrugs holding his hand out for the socks.
"No way. This'll do." You laugh and pull the socks on your feet.

The rest of the walk contains one thing: laughing.
Laughing with your ene-..no that doesn't make sense.
You can't laugh with your enemy.
So he's not an enemy anymore?

Your mind gets tangled with strings of thoughts, tugging mindlessly at you.

No.

He's not an enemy anymore.
He's gone back to being your friend...

You watch Mason as he tells you this sory about one of the goals he made for Chelsea,  his chocolate brown eyes sparkling in the sun.

A weird feeling emerges in your heart.

As if on cue, small patters of water drop onto your skin, exploding like fireworks. It appears steady and soft, relaxing against your warm skin, it makes the world seem natural.
It's like tears, sadness almost. You cant have a rainbow without rain.
The same way you can't love someone and get a happy ending without rain in between.
"Ah it's raining!" Mason squeals like a 4 year old girl getting exposed to a spider, pulling his jacket over his head for protection.

"Come on! It's not that bad." You exclaim feeling every raindrop was over you as a blanket of comfort.

"Not that bad? You're a weirdo Y/n." He rolls his eyes and grasps your wet hand quickly.
He brings you with him, running fast.
"Hey! What are you doing?" You scream, laughing along the way, as Mason's sock gets wet and the water leaks through.
The rocks on the ground pinch through the bottom of your foot.
"Ow! Mason stop!" You say, nearl breathless.
"What's up?" He asks, water dripping off his brunette hair.
"My fe-" before you could finish your sentence he picks u up, bridal-style and runs with you, cradling you in his arms.

The rain begins to get heavier, as you can hear the sound of of it pattering against a rooftop nearby.
Although it's around 12pm, the whole streeet is empty, as the dark cloud cascades over the town.

Mason puts you down and spins you around.
Dancing?
He's dancing?

You laugh as he dramatically twirls you around. "What are you doing!" You exclaim as he smirks.
"I'm a gentlemen, also practicing for the royal dance." He explains in a posh accent as he continues dancing with you in the rain. "You know about that?" Your stylist had wanted to keep it a secret from you.
"Well yeah, one of the boys blurted it out."
"What a coincidence." You say as Mason's warm arms wrap around you waist, your silk dress clutching to your body. He sways his body alongside yours, keeping it in sync.

At last, you find your way to a calm beach, the sand almost heaven-like under the warm sun. The rain slowed down to a gentle spit.
Mason puts you down as the sand tickles you feet, yet wraps you in a blanket.
"Wow..." you gaze at the horizon, so beautiful.
"Here." Mason wraps his jacket over your shoulder, "your freezing."
"Yeah, I'm waiting for your hoodie. It was comfy, although it stunk." You joke.

Mason ignores you and begins tickling your sides.
"Oi Mase stop!" You manage through heaps of laughter and begin running into the ocean.
You run as far as the water reaches your knee.
Mason chuckles and grabs you waist, laughing into your neck.
"Stop please" you say breathlessly.
Mason grabs you and pushes you into the warm, relaxing ocean, it's crystal blue water holding you close.

Your dress sticks to your body and salty seawater calms your body.
You and Mason share this gaze with each other..for a while before he tickles you more. "I said stop! And now look I'm all wet! And these aren't even mine!" You exclaim, emerging from the water, trying not to laugh.

"Excuse me. I'm a photographer, I just wanted to give you this." A 18 year old perhaps, comes to you and Mason when your back on the sand.
You take it from her fingers and a warm smile approaches your face.
You can feel Mason's smile right beside you.
It was a Polaroid picture of Mason laughing into your neck whilst you giggled. It looks so beautiful..so gorgeous.

"Oh wow." You manage, astonished by how...how looking at that picture no one could ever doubt that you and Mason had ever been enemies.

"You guys make a great couple.' She smiles, her black hair waving behind her.

Mason chuckles. "We aren't a couple, just friends." He says nervously, as if the words wouldn't come out his mouth.

"Oh really? Well, I'm going to tell you that friends don't look at 'friends' that way." She comments, using her index fingers to quote.
"And you guys love each other. But you aren't ready to admit it." She shrugs as you look at Mason, as if wanting an explanation..for all this.
"Well nice meeting you 'friends'." She laughs, and walks away, her blue Polaroid clasped in her arms.

You and Mason stood in an awkward silence for a while, comprehending everything.

"We should get home." He says and immediately picks you up again.

You're in heaps of laughter by the time you finally reach the hotel. "Here put your heels back on, or do you want me to carry you in?" He puts you down, right before the entrance of the grand hotel.
"I can walk Mr Mount." You exclaim, raising an eyebrow and walking in.

"Afternoon Mr and Mrs Mount...oh dear me! Don't tell me you've been in the soaking rain, we could've called a cab for you!" Mr Havertz protests, beckoning for some towels.
The sun dried most parts of you off, yet your hair was still dripping with water, not rain water though...