Unhoneymooners

//It's so exhausting pretending to hate you -The Unhoneymooners Christina Lauren//

Dinner. Calm down. It's just dinner. Gosh it's exhausting, exhausting and tiring and all the synonyms of those words combined. Hating someone, who knew it would be so- so, time wasting. It was like a whole full time job.
After trying on multiple outfits, even with the help of Denisa's amazing outfit taste, you still couldn't help but find nothing. Your and Denisa's whole warddrobe had been swiped out, nothing suitable to wear. Formal yet casual, yet You. Something that screams your Y/n Y/l/n personality.

So where are you going? -Tom

You had told Tom you had to go out somewhere but not been specific with details.

To dinner, with my family -Y/n

It wasn't a lie, they were your family, the Mounts, they treated you as their own.
Again, this does not apply alongside Mason.

Finally you found the almost perfect outfit hiding in the back of your wardrobe.

Slipping the summer dress on, you heated your hair into some loose curls, (Masons favourite but also your best hair look, funny how it only became your best look when Mason said it was his favourite) nonetheless, you did your hair and twisted some...

Slipping the summer dress on, you heated your hair into some loose curls, (Masons favourite but also your best hair look, funny how it only became your best look when Mason said it was his favourite) nonetheless, you did your hair and twisted some strands to the back of your hair with a clip. Awesome.
"GO QUEEN!" Denisa comes in cheering, causing you to chuckle.
"It's just dinner." You exclaim. "With my family." You felt guilty not telling your best friend the truth, but you couldn't be like 'oh yeah going to Mason's mums house for dinner because we were close before.' It was better that no one knew about you and Mason, besides it was the past, it didn't matter anymore right?

——————-

Clutching a bouquet of flowers and Jasmine's (Mason's Sister) favourite chocolates in your hands, you ring the doorbell.

Masons POV...

Mum said there would be an unexpected visitor tonight. I was pretty excited, hoping deep inside it wouldn't be one of mums old friends who would say 'oh Mason you are so tall Handsome!' And bring up some cheesy story about when I was a baby.

That wasn't the only thing lingering on my mind...

Y/n.

God, I spent 4 years forgetting her (well call it 'many failed attempts to') and just about moving on before she comes and her eyes crash with mine. It was unfair, selfish. But I knew it wasn't her fault, deep inside she doesn't even want to look at my face. She hates me and I don't need to hear the words coming out of her mouth. I don't want to.

Whenever I see her, the memories come flushing back quickly like a harsh wave swallowing me whole. When I saw her at the game, I felt a lump form in my throat. I was glad I didn't catch her eye (or maybe I did but didn't recognise her after all these years) at the game or else I would've lost focus.I didn't get to see her properly but she looked different enough for me to hardly recognise her.