CHAPTER 12

GOING TO THEIR HIDEOUT with a strumming heartbeat. Anica seems to have a heart attack any minute from now. Jairus reported to her that they had found another data that is connected to the fire incident of Kampana Orphanage that killed almost half a thousand of people inside the orphanage - most are innocent children. And, they were almost a part of them except for Meghan.

With a teary eyes, Anica went out the car and straighten to their underground hideout.

"What d-did you guys found?" bungad nyang tanong sa mga kaibigan nyang abala sa pagtitipa sa mga computer. Nakasunod naman kay Anica si Dolion na mukhang nag-aalala.

"Firstly, the fire incident happened May 17 2008 at 9 o'clock evening. In which, that day was the day after Governor Hendri Valenzuela was announced to be the mayor of Baguio. And... Here are some pictures of him visiting the orphanage months before the incidents happens." Meghan informed as she gave Anica an envelope. Anica immediately opened it and looked at the printed pictures.

"I asked a copy from BFP. Dad helped me to assess the files." Meghan added.

Anica's brows furrowed. Governor Hendri was doing a charity in the orphanage before he became the mayor and then after his term, he ran for the position of Governor. Tons of pictures showed that he was giving things, goods and necessary products for the orphanage's needs. The pictures had burns too which is an evidence that the pictures were in the orphanage before the fire incident happened.

"And... Here are some archive articles in the media. Halatang ayaw ipakita ito sa mga tao dahil masyado na itong tago at nasa archive websites na. I visited Pagefreezer, Wayback Machine and more. Kahit sa mga archive websites na iyon ay nasa pinakatagong parte na ng website ang articles tungkol sa sunog na nangyari." Jairus uttered as he clicked lots of links in his computer.

Lalong lumakas ang kabog sa dibdib ni Anica sa mga nabasang mga artikulo. Matagal na nyang hinihintay na magkaroon sila ng lead tungkol sa nangyari noon.

"You guys are concluding that Governor Hendri Valenzuela is the culprit?" tanong ni N.

"Uhm it's still vague but with this articles, I can conclude that he is part of the incident. Kung hindi sya ay baka parte lang din sya. Ewan! Hindi pa sigurado." sagot naman ni Jayla.

"Pupuntahan ko ba si daddy para magtanong-"

"No, Meghan! Wag kang magpadalos-dalos. It's... dangerous," pagputol ni Anica kay Meghan.

"Don't you trust my father?" Meghan asked.

Anica sighed and looked at her, "It's not like that. It's just not safe. Your father is a well respected lawyer, Meghan. His name will be in danger if we'll continue to involve him with our actions, and... might as well his life will be at stake too. We can't trust the world around him."

"How about me? Use me." biglang singit ni Dolion. Agad namang lumingon lahat sa kanya.

"What?" tanong ni Anica.

"Use me. I have lots of connection with politicians too. Or, I might find some leads that will help you guys."

"Huwag ka ng makialam, Dolion. This is not your thing, wala kang alam." Narxisius said in a sharp tone.

"Anica's thing are one of my concerns too. I don't know anything? Then, inform and tell me what to do or what I need to do." Dolion answered him while looking to Anica.

"So?"

"You'll be in danger." puno ng pag-aalalang sambit ni Anica. Dolion gave her a smile for assurance.

"There's no bullet that can kill me, princess."

"Help us!" Anica hissed.

"Anica!" bantang sambit ni Narxisius. Nilingon ni Anica ito.