CHAPTER 29

“DOLION NEEDS YOU!” the man said. He introduced himself as ‘Mithran’ and he's one of Dolion's close friend.

“B-Bakit? Ano n-nangyari?” Anica stuttered.

“Your father — I mean, Count Bel Monte don't want to let him go if you won't show yourself to him.” Mithran hissed and Anica's brows furrowed. Anica looked at her friends who were listening to them. She signalled Mithran to go near her. Mithran bent down near Anica's face. Agad na bumulong naman sa tainga nito si Anica.

“He can teleport, 'diba?”

“He can't on his state, they're giving him hard times.” bulong na sagot naman ni Mithran.

“Eh kayo? 'Di n'yo ba s'ya pwede tulungan?” tanong ulit ni Anica, bulong parin.

“We will get punished if we meddle on this situation.”

Lumayo si Anica at napanguso. Nang nilingon n'ya ang mga kaibigan ay matalim ang mga tingin nito sa kanila.

“Ano ba kasi 'yon? Bakit may pabulong-bulong pa kayo r'yan ha?” naiinis na sambit ni Jayla. Pinitik ni Jairus ang noo ng kapatid at pinagalitan ito.

“Stop being impatient. Maaga kang tatanda kapag lagi kang magsusungit.” saad ni Jairus.

“Mr. Pogi, ano ba meron?” tanong naman ni Meghan habang kinikilig na tinitignan si Mithran.

“Harot!” bulong naman ni Narxixius na rinig ni Meghan.

“Inggit!” she goofily rebut and sticked out her tongue to annoy Narxixius.

“Guys, uhh—” Anica sighed and held her fist trying to have enough courage to tell them.

“My father took Dolion and he's giving him hard times.” Anica hissed and sighed. She just couldn't stand the thought of calling that man a father.

“Ano?” tanong naman ng lahat.

“Okay, let me explain everything briefly.”

“Dolion's boss is Count Bel Monte of Spain. Dolion was tasked to find and take me there. Now that my father saw me, he won't let Dolion go unless I show myself in front of him again. He makes him the bait.”

“So he really did betray you?!” Jayla shouted in annoyance.

“And what? You still think of helping him?” singit naman ni Narxixius. Anica bit her lower lip and looked at her friends.

“But he never hurt me.”

“Yet he lied and betray you to the next level. Tsk! How can he do that? Does he have any conscience? Getting close to you to take what he wants. Jairus magsalita ka rin!” Jayla said in annoyance. It was true but Anica couldn't just let them hold grudge on him. They all fell silence including Mithran. It was awkward for him to be in this case especially that he isn't close with anyone in the room. He was hoping he could get Anica's answer if she would want to go or not. Just any answer will do, so, he could go away.

“I'll go. I will help Dolion.” Anica broke the silence.

“Ha? Bakit pa?” galit na sigaw ni Jayla.

“Baka saktan ka lang n'ya—”

“My brother won't hurt the woman she loves.” diin na singit ni Mithran at matalim na tinitigan si Narxixius.

He might be deceitful but he never did hurt someone who is precious to him. He might be goofy but he always acknowledge and embrace the people around him. Anica looked at Mithran with an awe expression.

“Sa totoo lang...” Jairus finally spoke.

“Sa totoo lang oo may inis akong nararamdaman kay Dolion dahil sa ginawa nya kay Anica pero hindi natin mababago na naging kasama natin siya at pinakita n'yang totoong may malasakit sa atin. Isa pa, kailan ba n'ya tayo nasaktan? Kailan n'ya ba tayo sinaktan ha? Eh tayo nga itong puro utos at humihingi ng pabor sa kanya eh. On how you guys act and how you feel so angry towards him makes it look like we took him for granted. Did we?” inis na sigaw ni Jairus. Napalapit na s'ya kay Dolion at kailan man hindi n'ya naramdamang may mali rito lalo na sa sinseredad na pinapakita nito para sa kanya— para sa kanila.

“Ayos lang 'yan! Kasama n'yoko at hindi ko hahayaang may mangyari sa inyong masama. Up to the end, the five of you will always be complete. With or without me.”

Jairus recalled what Dolion told him the last time they talked and Jairus felt like he was floating. His words were too sincere and soft that Jairus could only smile.

“If you don't want to help him then, don't. Huwag n'yo pigilan kaming mga gustong tumulong sa kanya.” dagdag ni Jairus at nilingon si Anica.

“Sasama ako Anica.”

“Ako rin, Nic. Baka kailangan n'yo ng tulong o kasama hehe.” saad naman ni Meghan.

“Meg!” tawag ni Narxixius dito.

“N-Narxi...” Meg looked at the angry Narxixius and bites her lower lip. “I can't just let them go. I need and I want to come with them.”

“Fine, you go if you want to but I won't.” Narxixius said and walked out the room. Jayla sternly looked at them and followed Narxixius.

“Sorry, this thing caused you guys to fight.” Mithran apologized and Anica shook her head.

“It's okay! It's not your fault. We can fix this anyway.” Anica affirmed.

“So...” Meghan looked at everyone.

“Ano na?”

“We will use my private plane for that. We will depart today.” Mithran said and looked at his watch.

“It's still 12 o'clock. You guys have time to pack the things you want to bring with you. Babalikan ko kayo rito nang mga alas tres.” dagdag naman nito na tinanguan nila.

“Aalis na ako.” pagpaalam nito at humakbang na papaalis.

“Mithran!” tawag ni Anica rito at bahagya itong lumingon.

“Salamat sa pagsabi tungkol dito.”

Mithran immediately smiled to her and said, “It's nothing. Everything for my half-assed brother.”

Biro nito at handa nang umalis ngunit lumingon ito ulit.

“Don't tell him I'm the one who informed you that he's being held as hostage, okay? Baka awayin ako.” biro pa nito at agarang umalis pagkatapos.

Anica looked at Meghan and Jairus with an awkward smile. She knows that's she also has a responsibility for this mess that's why she felt very sorry. They fought before, but not like this. It's their first time going to differ paths and not getting along with something.

Jairus tapped her shoulder and gives her a smile of assurance. “It's fine. Wala kang kasalanan.”

Jairus went inside their room to pack for his things and Meghan suddenly hugged Anica when Jairus went away. Meghan continuously pats her back while hugging her tightly.

“It's okay, Nic. Don't worry, we can fix everything!” Meghan whispered on her. Anica's tears dropped and she hugged Meghan back.

“I'm so sorry for what's happening.” Anica cried. They stayed like that for some minute and suddenly Jairus came.

“Pwede ba ako sumali sa yakap na yan?” biro nito habang nakatingin sa kanila.

“Halika na, dami nitong arte.” biro naman ni Meghan. Agad ma lumapit si Jairus sa kanila at niyakap ang mga ito.

“Magiging ayos din tayo!” bulong nito.

FAITH
•|| fairyf8tales ||•