CHAPTER 17

THEY HAVE BEEN cramming for the whole week to find out another lead about the incident and a lead about the culprit.

"Guys, freshen up first!" Maligalig na sambit ni Dolion at nilapag ang pagkain sa lamesa.

"Yes, jollibee!" sigaw ni Jairus at sabay na tumayo ang mga ito at lumapit sa mesa.

"Narinig ko kayo kanina na gusto nyo sa fast foods, kaya bumili kaagad ako. Enjoy!" Dolion said with a smile.

Tinapik ni Anica ang likod ni Dolion at tumingin sya rito. Sinalubong ni Anica ng ngiti ang tingin ni Dolion kaya napangiti rin ito. Dolion steal a kiss on her forehead.

"Any lead?" tanong ni Dolion.

"Yeah! We found out that the orphanage is not actually a governmentally supported and is a private orphanage own by Mr. Yno Villa Roso. That means, walang full control ang gobyerno sa bahay ampunan. They could only take over if the orphanage is doing illegal things, can't provide necessary needs and not giving right tax but so far, walang palya ang orphanage na iyon." Anica explained. Dolion nodded and tried to brainstorm. Hindi parin nya wari kung bakit hindi nya magamit ang kanyang abilidad sa pagmamanipula ng vice mayor.

While they were eating, someone suddenly called Dolion.

"Excuse me!" he hissed and went outside their hideout.

"Hola, Senyor Bel Monte!" he greeted. Dolion stopped talking for a while and listened to what this old money spaniard is saying.

", señor! Quizá pueda enviársela antes." Dolion answered after what the Count said.

", adiós señor!" then, he said his goodbye.

"Envíale a ella? OMS?" biglang sambit ng kung sino pagkatapos nyang binaba ang tawag. Paglingon nya ay naroon si Narxixius, matiim at galit syang tinititigan.

"Send who, Dolion? Seems like you're doing things behind our back."

"I don't need permission to do my personal stuffs, right?" Dolion rebutted. Narxixius went towards him.

"If you ever danger Anica or anyone in the group, I'll sue you. I'll fucking get to you, remember that." Narxixius threatened him.

Dolion looked at his eyes and smirked, "No one would get in danger, bud. Chill!" tinapik ni Dolion ang balikat nito at naglakad sya papasok ngunit napatigil sya dahil sa sinabi ni Narxixius.

"I know what you are. I know who you are, you dirty scut. You better keep yourself away from Anica, you better get your hands off her before I will tell her who you really are."

Dolion turned to him with a smile, "Well, fortunately, Anica knows that. She knows more than what you know, Narxixius. You can't use that threat on me."

Dolion took steps closer to Narxixius with a dead eyes, "I presume, you'll be the one who will get ruined if I tell them who you really are, N." Dolion firmly whispered.

He then took a step backwards and smiled at Narxixius.

"Ciao!"

THEY WERE ALL WORN OUT when the evening came. They imbued their time searching for leads and evidences they could use. All they knew as of today was that the Governor built a new orphanage away from the old Kampana Orphanage. Though, it is somehow fishy that the name of the Mayor wasn't involved in the project.

"Nica!" Dolion snapped his fingers in front of her to wake her up in her deep thoughts.

"H-Ha?" usal nito.

"Are you okay?" Dolion spit in worry.

"Y-Yes. I was just thinking about the new orphanage and what is his agenda for building that." Anica answered.

"I will find a way to figure that out." Dolion said and patted her head.

"Anyway, I was thinking..." Dolion hissed and stared at her.

"How about we all go to Spain for vacation? We'll use my private plane. I have a place in Spain." he suddenly offered and everyone turned on him.

"Out of the blue?" Anica's brows furrowed.

"In the middle of our mission?" sambit naman ni Jairus.

"And why Spain?" Si Narxixius.

"I can see you guys are all worn out because of this mission, let's have a getaway to freshen up. We can continue our investigation there though, if you want to continue it."

"What do you guys think?"

"Sige!" agad namang sagot ni Meghan.

"Kayo Jayla?"

"Kayo nalang." Jayla sternly answered. Jairus shook his head in annoyance. He doesn't like the way Jayla acts since yesterday.

"Ayaw ni kambal, kaya hindi nalang din siguro ako sasama. Sa susunod nalang, bro!"

"Ikaw Narxixius?" tanong ni Dolion dito.

"Sasama ka ba, Nic?" tanong naman ni N kay Anica at hindi pinansin ang tanong ni Dolion. Anica looked at Dolion with a confused look. He nodded on her, signalling an assurance.

"Yeah. I think I really need that vacation." She answered with a smile.

"I'll come." N said shortly and looked at Dolion sternly.

Halata ang inis ni Narxixius kaya bahagyang ngumiti si Dolion. Dolion knows how his smile can annoy this jealous man.

"Let's go by the next day of tomorrow." Dolion hissed. "I'll be preparing everything. Mauuna muna ako."

Bilin ni Dolion. Bago pa man sya umalis ay hinalikan nya sa noo si Anica.

"I'll see you later, princess!" he whispered and kissed her temple.

"See you!"

EVERYTHING BECAME AWKWARD after what happened last day. Hindi pinapansin ni Jayla si Anica ni-hindi ito sumasama sa mga lakad nila. Napabuntong hininga si Anica habang iniimpake ang mga gamit nya.

"Hayaan mo na, Nic! Just give Jayla time. Alam mo namang hindi talaga sya boto kay Dolion noong una pa diba? She must be shocked after knowing na kayo na."

Malakas na binato ni Anica ng damit si Meghan sa inis, "Hindi pa nga kami! Gaga 'to!"

"HAHA joke lang eh. Pero ako? I'll support you no matter what. Pero si N...."

"I know. He's overprotective. 'Di ko alam -"

"He is being overprotective because he likes you, Nic." Meghan said in a low tone, seems like she doesn't want Anica to hear what she said.

"That's impossible, Meg! Batang kapatid lang ang tingin nya sa akin kaya sya ganoon." Anica denied.

"Only if you know how he stares at you. Only if you knew how his eyes grimace with love when he's staring at you."

"Meghan...!"

“Don't worry, Nic. Kung sino man nagpapatibok ng puso mo, s'ya ang piliin mo. Don't think that you're responsible to reciprocate their feelings.”

"Mag impake ka na nga lang dyan!" Meghan changed the topic. They both fell silence after that conversation. But Anica's mind wasn't at ease.

"Meg..."

"Hmm?" she hummed.

"Narxi likes me?" Anica asked. Meghan looked at her with an awe expression.

"Yeah? You didn't know?" Meghan hissed and Anica nodded multiple times.

"Well, he does." Anica don't know how to react and stayed silent.

ding. Anica's phone.

Let's see each other outside your apartment. :>
- Narxi 🖤

FAITH
•|| fairyf8tales ||•