CHAPTER 40

DOLION AND ANICA IMMEDIATELY PLANNED their attack at the Mayor's house with the help of Mithran and Bylur. Since Anica is the only one who can make them go inside, they need her company until they could get the necklace.

With her conning skill, she was able to trick the few people in the house. Sa ngayon, silang dalawa palang ni Dolion. Mithran and Bylur is for back up.

“'Diba kakaayos n'yo lang ng system noong unang linggo, sir?” saad ng isang katulong at agad naman sinagot ito ni Dolion.

“May nakalimotan kami eh. Ngayon lang nakabalik dahil marami ang booking. Pwede na po ba kaming pumasok?” saad naman ni Dolion. Once they entered, Dolion asked Anica to go inside first and he made the house helper lose consciousness before he followed inside. He's incharge in guarding the area, Anica's incharge in finding the stone.

Anica opened every door she walked in but among the 5, she haven't seen the stone and there is no mysterious things inside. The last room in the second floor is the last one she needs to open. When she stepped in, her instinct was strong that the room is not just a mere room. She needs to be careful.

She unlocked the door but didn't dare to go inside immediately. She puts her bag inside first but nothing happened. She immediately went inside and looked for the stone. From the cabinets, drawers, jars and everything she could thinking of. She saw a vault in the most hidden edge of the room, so, he hurriedly went near it. Jairus and Jayla are the best in hacking but it would be hard for them if she will call them right now. She didn't know what do to. She's not a genius like those people!

“Shit!” mura n'ya. She punched the vault in frustration.

“Are you okay?” the voice from the earpiece. Dolion.

“Yeah! It's just — there's a vault, I can't open it. U don't know how. The fuck!” inis n'yang usal at napapatid sa inis. She frustratedly covered her face with her hand.

“Just try some codes connected to Vindictus, remember those details I told you, baby? You're quick, you might find something in there. I'll try to call Mithran for help.” saad ni Dolion sa kabilang linya. Just like what he said, she tried some codes but she can't get it right! It's too hard.

“Anica! Mithran will come in a minute —” biglang naputo ang linya ni Dolion na nagpakaba kay Anica. He seems to be panting and was doing too much movement, she thought that they were caught! Pupuntahan sana n'ya si Dolion ngunit sa mismong paglingon n'ya ay may isang lalaki na nakatayo na sa harapan nito. Anica gasped when she saw it was the Mayor.

“Vindictus—” before she could talk, Mayor Gayell— Vindictus held her on the neck and choke her. The 40 year old man suddenly transformed into a handsome, young man. His eyes was vengeful.

“Dolion found me. That's good for him but such a petty because his beautiful beloved girlfriend will die in my hands.” Vindictus hissed. Anica was trying to get away from him but he was too strong. She can hardly breathe. Anica held Vindictus' hands and tried to fight for herself but Vindictus slammed and throw her away.

“Ah!” Anica groaned when her back hits the wall. She was catching her breath and trying to stan up but Vindictus held her up in her neck again.

Dolion... She thinks of him. She couldn't connect with him, his earpiece was disconnected and she knows that Dolion can't sense her being in danger anymore. Despite she's grueling in pain, she still wanted to fight. She scratched deep on Vindictus' arms with her long nails.

“Argh!” sigaw nito sa sakit at nabitawan s'ya. Inabot ni Anica ang nahulog na ballpen at nang lumapit sa kanya ay sinaksak nya ito sa braso gamit ang ballpen. Agad s'yang tumayo at sinubukang tumakbo palabas.

“Dolion! Tulong!” sigaw ni Anica. Before she could go out, Vindictus grabbed her in her hair and pushed her hard in the table making her forehead and nose bleed.

Vindictus was about to hit her again but suddenly, his their in the other side of the room being thrown out by Dolion. Dolion had the chance to help Anica.

“Stand up. Run when you have the chance.” Dolion whispered as he helped her stand up. Dolion caressed her face and wiped off the blood in her nose.

“I'm sorry.” he whispered.

“This is not the time for this, Dolion. Focus! Ayos lang ako! Huwag mo akong aalahanin.” sagot naman ni Anica.

“Duck!” Anica shouted and they immediately ducked. Vindictus threw a glass bottle on them but they were quick on budging it. Dolion slides himself and went near to Vindictus but Vindictus was after Anica who's already weak. Vindictus punched Dolion that made him lose balance and fell. Vindictus was about to attack Anica but as fast as the lightning, Mithran barged into the room and kicked Vindictus away from Anica.

“Are you okay?” Mithran asked Anica.

“Y-Yes!” she answered.

“Stand up, Dolion!” sigaw din nito. Before Vindictus could recover from Mithran's attack, another man entered. Anica remembered him. He's the boyfriend of that poisoned woman Anica saw.

“Bylur, take Anica with you outside. Kami na bahala ni Dolion dito.” sambit ni Mithran. Tinungo ni Mithran ang vault habang pinagsusuntok ito upang mabuksan habang si Dolion at todo awat kay Vindictus.

“P-Pero—” aangal sana si Anica ngunit sininyasan s'ya ni Dolion na umalis na lamang.

“Please, go out.” Dolion pleaded. Anica sighed and nodded.

“Let's go out.” Bylur hissed and helped her out. When they went out, Anica saw the black fog surrounding the house of Vindictus.

“A-Ano 'to?” tanong ni Anica kay Bylur.

“Vindictus' spell. This fog unable us to use our power and weaken our physical strength.” Bylur answered. Anica was shocked on what he said. They can't use their power and it can weaken their physical strength? How can Dolion and Mithran fight when they can't use it but their opponet is using its spell and power?!

“T-That m-means they're in danger!” Anica gasped and tried to go back inside but Bylur immediately stopped her.

“What are you thinking, Miss?” galit na usal ni Dolion.

“Dolion is in danger! Baka ano mangyari sa kanila, kailangan nila ng tulong natin!” inis na sagot ni Anica at sinusubukang makawala sa hawak ni Bylur.

“Do you think he could fight while you are there? He would spend his time protecting you and not do what is the real mission, Anica! He will be destructed and he will be in more danger because of you.” Bylur hissed making Anica stopped on moving. She felt her eyes are forming tears so, she immediately took a deep breath.

“Please, trust them.” Bylur whispered and let go of her wrist. They weren't able to calm down when suddenly, the room where Dolion and the others are fighting suddenly made a massive explosion and was on fire!

“Dolion!” sigaw ni Anica at hindi n'ya namalayang dumaosdos na ang mga luha sa kanyang mga mata at hindi na kayang kumalma. She tried to run inside the house but Bylur held her in her wrist trying to stop her.

“P-Please, let me go! Please! D-Dolion is in danger, please, Bylur!” Anics cried aloud as she tried to escape his grip.

“Fucking let go of me!” she shouted but Bylur remains unfazed.

Then, the explosion was followed by another explosion. A stronger explosion than the first one and it was slowly burning the whole house.

“N-No! Dolion!”

FAITH
•|| fairyf8tales ||•