CHAPTER 33

THEY WERE HAVING DINNER TOGETHER. Anica had settled her grudge to her father. She thought it was too quick for them to immediately but she doesn't want to be locked on the rage she was holding for almost two decades, whether what Henri said was true or not, she doesn't want to be imprisoned by grievance for the rest of her life.

“Dolion, have you processed the papers I asked you?”

“Yes, sir. Actually, it will be done by tomorrow or tonight.” Dolion answered immediately and Henri nodded.

“By the way,” Henri looked at Meghan and Jairus, “Stop calling me "sir", I would be glad if you call me Tiyo or uncle.”

“Okay, Uncle!” sabay naman na saad ni Jairus at Meghan.

“You too, Dolion. I told you not to call me sir but you never listen.”

“I'm used to it already, Sir. So, give me some time to adjust.” Dolion politely answered with a smile. They continued to eat in silent.

“Anyway, dad!” Anica broke the silence after a while. Jairus and Meghan choke, Jairus immediately gave Meghan some water and he assisted himself. Nagulat sila sa biglang pagtawag ni Anica ng ‘Dad’ kay Henri dahil kahapon lang ay nagbabaga ang galit niya rito.

“Ano? ‘Dad’?” Bulong ni Meghan na nasa tabi n'ya.

“Pag-usapan natin mamaya.” ani ni Anica.

“We will go back to Philippines after 3 days to finish what we wanted to finish.”

“You could use our private plane going home but, will you come back after it? I would like to spend some quality time with my daughter.” Henri answered.

“I will, dad. I'll come back but I guess it will take time.”

Anica puts her utensils down when she was done eating. She took her phone from her pocket and called a maid.

“Can you take a picture of us?” Anica asked her but the maid seems confused.

“Ella está preguntando si puedes tomarnos una foto.” ( She asked if you can take a picture of us.) Dolion translated what Anica said and the maid immediately nodded her head.

“Ah, , jovencita!” (Ah, yes, young lady!)

Everyone looked at the phone and smiled for their first picture. After that, they pose for another take.

“Gracias!” Anica thanked.

“Next time, let's take a picture with Narxixius and Jayla.” Anica sweetly said and put her cellphone back to her pocket.

“Oh, right! Why didn't they come?” Henri asked. Anica deeply sighed and Meghan was the one who answered, “Something just came up.”

“I'm done. I'll just go out for a walk.” pagpapaalam ni Anica at tumayo na kaagad.

Tinuro ng isang maid ang daan papunta sa harden at mag-isa n'ya itong tinungo. Agad n'yang kinuha ang kanyang cellphone para tignan ang kanilang litrato na kanina lang kinuha. She smiled when she saw how genuine and bright her father's smile is.

“We have the same smile.” Anica hissed and caresses the face of her father on the screen. She can't afford being sweet and caring to him yet. It's still awkward for her. Oo kaya na n'ya itong tawaging sariling ama at nagkakausap sila ng maayos pero hindi n'ya ito kayang yakapin o hawakan, nihindi n'ya kayang tignan ito deretso sa mga mata.

The next person that her eyes found was Dolion. She zoomed in the image and stared at his face. He was smiling — but his smile was empty. It's like a beautiful pot with no flower on it. That smile isn't the smile Dolion gave her everytime. The smile that can brighten her day and brush away her worries— she's missing that smile.

“Nakakaya mo talagang hindi ako pansinin.” Anica hissed and sighed. She felt her tears were about to drip, she immediately looked up the night sky.

“Bakit mag-isa ka, miss?” biglang saad ng bruskong boses kaya agad na lumingon si Anica. It was Ophelio, the hot and freaking sexy bodyguard. Namilog ang mata ni Anica sa realisasyon na nagtagalog ito.

“Opo, filipino ako. I am from your country, young lady.” Ophelio hissed making Anica cover her mouth and gaze away from his stare.

Ibig sabihin, nagets n'ya 'yong sinabi kong guwapo s'ya? Hays! Ang bobo, Anica! Nakakahiya ito! Lupa lamunin m na akong buhay, now na!”

Ophelio chuckled in amusement. Anica was acting cute and embarrassed. He knows that Anica realize that he understands what she said that day when she was running away from her maids.

“Ayos lang 'yon, totoo namang guwapo ako.” birong hirit pa nito at napanguso si Anica sa hiya.

“Ang hangin mo.” saad naman ni Anica at tumawa ang lalaki.

“Bakit hindi ba totoo 'yon?” tanong naman nito at nilingon ni Anica ito.

“Matangkad ka tapos brusko, tapos tanned skin kapa at maganda ang tabas ng ilong mo kaya ko na sabi 'yon. 'Yon lang talaga, kaya nasabi ko iyon. Wala nang ibang rason.” Anica defended herself with actions. Ophelio chuckled softly as he looks at her full of amusement.

“You're too defensive, young lady.”

“Totoo naman.” Anica pouted and looked at the night sky.

She wanted to spend some time alone but why did this man suddenly came. But on the second thought, Anica was thankful for him, this will help her avoid feeling depressed.

“Master Bel Monte asked me a favour, young lady.” Ophelio suddenly said and Anica looked at him.

“What favour?” she asked.

“He wants me to come with you once you go back to Philippines. That's the work and favour he asked me.”

“Pero—”

“Please, young lady! Let me do this one. I really need to get this work for the salary he offered. It will be a big help for my family if I'll be able to do this job, so, please allow me to guard you.” Ophelio cuts her off and Anica was stunned to speak. Yes, he's an employee too, he needs a work to gain some money, and she shouldn't stop him from doing so.

“Okay!” Anica replied.

“Thank you, young lady!” Ophelio thanked with a big smile.

“Pero sa isang kondisyon.” Anica hissed.

“Stop calling me “young lady”, Anica or Nic nalang. Pare-pareho lang tayo ng edad tapos may honorific.” Saad ni Anica na hindi naman inangalan ni Ophelio.

He saluted to her and they both laughed on his silliness. Napatigil si Anica nang makita n'yang nakatingin si Dolion sa kanila ngunit agad naman itong umalis nang magtagpo ang mga tingin nila. There was no emotion in his eyes when he looked at her and just went off his way.

The fact that Dolion was avoiding her for days already was killing her. She can't stand being ignored by him. Everytime they saw each other or their paths crossed, he will immediately change his way. Everytime their eyes met, he gaze away. When they ran on each other, he will immediately turn his back and go the different separate ways from her.

Gan'yan kaba kagalit sa'kin na natitiis mo ako nang ganito?

FAITH
•|| fairyf8tales ||•