CHAPTER 11

ANICA WAS SITTING in the countertop near to where Dolion was cutting and preparing the ingredients.

"Kaya ayaw ko magluto kasi di kami nagkakasundo ng mantika eh. Kung di naman yung mantika, laging nasasamid kamay ko sa maiinit na bagay, lagi nalang akong nasasaktan sa tuwing nagluluto ako, hays." pagdadaldal ni Anica habang si Dolion naman ay nakikinig dito habang inaayos mga kailanganin nya sa pagluto.

"Tapos may isang beses pa sa school orphanage, nasamid ko yung kawali kaya napaso ako ng mantika. Tignan mo!" pinakita ni Anica ang braso nya. Dolion chuckled and looked at her.

"Di ka lang marunong magluto eh." pambabara nito. Anica pouts and sighed adorably.

"Well, I won't deny that. Oo na di ako marunong magluto, tsk."

Dolion chuckled and continued on what he was doing. Sa subrang pagdadaldal ni Anica ay di nya namalayang nagsisimula na si Dolion sa pagluluto.

Dolion cooked a Nikujaga or a Japanese beef stew and a kakiage. Anica seems amused looking at Dolion, multitasking.

"Woahh..."

"Hmm?" Dolion hummed without looking at Anica since he was too busy cooking.

"Is that even possible? Di ko nga kayang magluto tapos ikaw sinasabay mo pa yung dalawang putahi. Tsk, unfair ni Lord, ah!" Parang batang reklamo na dahilan ng pagngisi ni Dolion. Pagkatapos ng reklamo na iyon ay biglang natahimik si Anica. Hininaan ni Dolion ang apoy ng portable stove at tumingin kay Anica. She was pouting her natural pinkish lips and she was obviously zoning out.

"Anica..." Dolion's hoarse voice. His thick brows almost become one line when Anica was still in the same state. He went closer to her and clicked his fingers to snap her out.

Napakurap-kurap ng ilang beses si Anica at blangkong tumitig kay Dolion. Dolion widely smiled seeing Anica's adorable expression. She's such a baby. Dolion poke her cheek to wake her up.

"Tinawag kita."

Anica sighed and stopped on pouting. She looked at him with a worn out face expression.

"Hoy, gusto ba ng mga lalaki yung mga marunong at magaling magluto tapos babae manamit o komilos? Ganyan ba tipo nyo?" tanong bigla nito. Dolion's wide smile was replaced with a confused face.

"Hmm... I don't know?" He answered.

"Seryoso eh!" Reklamo ni Anica at inirapan ito.

“Gusto mo malaman type ni Narxi? Tanungin mo s'ya, baka ikaw tipo n'ya.” biro namang sagot ni Dolion.

“Ano ba pinagsasabi mo, tsk. 'Di ko na gusto si Narxixius!” She denied and Dolion chuckled.

“So, nagkagusto ka nga sa kanya?”

“H-Ha?”

Anica pressed her mouth shut and looked away. Dolion shook his head and sniffled his chuckled when he realized Anica's silence.

"Well, I don't know. May ganyan ba talaga, mga tipo? I mean, does woman have classifications or types?" He asked making Anica crossed her arms aver her chest.

"Wala ka bang tipo sa babae ha?"

"I don't know, I've never been in a relationship. I haven't dated someone," Dolion shrugged. Anica's brows furrowed in confusion.

"You said you had done something dirty with girls? But you didn't enter any relationship? Ang gulo mo!"

Dolion stilled and looked at her with a blank expression, "Do we need to be in a relationship before we could have sex-"

"Ahh! Ano ba, Dolion! Nakakarindi ka! Syempre kailangan na maging kayo muna. Alangan naman may kakalerking lang sayong babae sa bar magchochukchukan kayo after!" Pagputol ni Anica sa sasabihin nito. Dolion sexily chuckled and looked at Anica with a lazy eyes.

"Damn, princess..." he sexily exclaimed as he licked his lower lip to stop himself from smiling.

"Ano?"

"That's what I do. Well, it's just platonic sex. Drink, dance, getting flirty then that's it. They end up in my bed... Naked."

"That's a red flag, Dolion." Anica frowned at him.

"Is that a bad thing? Ayaw mo ba sa ganoon?" he blankly asked and Anica nodded multiple times. He sighed and looked at her intently. He pushed himself closer to her- closing the space between his and her face. He stared at Anica's lips before saying, "Then, I'll stop. From this day forward."

Anica felt like her chest is going to explode. Her heart beats too fast and loud, her face turned reddish- she looked like a tomato. She gulped then shutters, "G-Gutom na a-ako. M-Matagal pa ba yun?"

Nakahinga ng maluwag si Anica nang lumayo sa kanya si Dolion.

"Wait. It's almost done, princess."

Umalis si Anica sa countertop at lumapit sa maliit na kainan ng kusina. She sighed and didn't look even a bit on Dolion.

He's making everything awkward! She thought. Ilang minutong lumipas ay biglang nilapat ni Dolion ang pagkain sa harapan ni Anica.

“Japanese beef stew and a mild spicy kakiage for my princess,” Dolion smiled at her and raised his brows. “Have some.”

Anica gladly took her utensils and ate. Dolion sat next to her and watched her eating delightfully. Anica was enjoying her stew and kakiage.

“My type of woman is you.”

Anica stopped on eating and looks at the man who talked. Her brows almost became one line.

“Ano?” tanong ni Anica.

“You asked...” Dolion rested his arms on the table and looked at her intently, “You asked if men like girls who knows how to cook and feminine. Well, maybe lots of men want those kind of girl but for me...”

“My type is you... Someone like you.”

“You're smart, outstanding, brave, kind and say it all. There are lots of things about you that became the reason why I am interested in you,” Dolion exclaimed. He gave her a side smile.

“Suss, parang sinasabi mo namang gusto moko eh!” pabirong sambit ni Anica.

“Maybe that's the thing.” seryoso namang sagot ni Dolion. Ngayon na humarap si Anica kay Dolion at nilabanan ang titig nito. When their eyes met, they both laugh on each other.

“Baliw ka talaga, eh 'no?” Anica said and chuckles, she took his words as a joke. Anica sighed and shook her head while trying to stop herself from laughing.

“By the way, sarap mo magluto.”

“Pero mas masarap talaga yung nagluto, 'no?” Pilyong bulalas naman ni Dolion. Mataray na tinaas ni Anica ang kanyang kilay.

“Dugyot mo!” Sambit nito at patuloy na kumain.

“Ayaw nalang tanggapin. Totoo naman, may itsura ako, maganda hubog ng katawan ko, marami naghahabol sakin.” Biro nito. May pilyong tingin si Anica rito at tinignan ito sa ulo hanggang paa.

“Pwede na...” birong usal nito ngunit hindi nya pinahalatang nagbibiro sya.

“Pwede kang itapon sa kanal, gago 'to!” Sambit ni Anica at inirapan si Dolion.  Dolion laughed at what she said and shook his head.

Anica wanted to focus on her food but suddenly, her phone rang. It was Jairus, calling. Anica picked up the phone.

“Hello—”

“Master Nic...” Anica listened to what Jairus said and she was silent for almost two minutes. Sh almost dropped her phone, fortunately, Dolion caught it.

“Anica?” sambit ni Dolion pero wala paring imik ito.

FAITH
•|| fairyf8tales ||•