CHAPTER 37

JUST LIKE WHAT ANICA SAID, they went home after 3 days. She spent the last whole day with Henri by shopping, eating, going out for walks, chitchat and more. Henri was in cloud nine when he was able to spend a dear time with his daughter. Anica promised him that she will come back after everything is done.

Once they arrived in Philippines, they immediately processed their complaint and requested a warrant of arrest with the help of their close police officer and Meghan's father, an attorney. After days, he was arrested. After a hearing, he was divulged guilty and was convicted of life imprisonment.

Matalim lang s'yang tinitigan ng gobernador bago ito tuluyang pinapasok sa presento. Anica fought his stare with that raging eyes. Ophelio was there, on her side, guarding her.

“You will spend the rest of your life in prison and pay for the death of the hundred innocent children you killed.” Anica shouted at him. Her eyes went teary. She doesn't understand but her heart was enveloped with that genuine happiness. She can now finally let go of the strings of rage she was holding tight for her whole life.

She clinched her first with full determination and wax ready to step away from the hellish life she had lived for almost two decades. The anger, the conscience, the pain and the trauma immediately vanished when she saw how that monster was locked inside the prison for life.

Then, she felt that warm embrace in her hand. She immediately turned her head and looked at the man in his side, who's holding her hands.

“You did well, baby. You really did.” Dolion whispered and made a soft squeeze on Anica's hand and he locked their fingers together.

“I— I felt free now that he's locked inside the hell he deserves.” Anica said and wiped off the tear that escaped her eyes. 

“I worked hard for this. I deserve to be free from anger and grudge that have been holding me for years. Ayaw ko na maging bilanggo ng galit buong buhay ko.” Anica looked at Dolion with those teary yet happy eyes.

“Salamat! Naabot namin 'to dahil sa tulong mo at ni Dad.” Anica thanked and Dolion sweetly smiled at her. Dolion pats her head and said, “Walang anuman. Lahat para sa'yo gagawin ko.”

Dolion kissed her forehead and hugged her.

“Anica?” sambit ni Dolion.

“Hmm?”

“I have something to tell you. I really need to tell you this.” Dolion hissed and looked at her in the eyes. He was ready to tell the last secret he have wanted to tell.

“Mamaya na itong drama. We need to celebrate. Naghihintay na rin sila Jairus satin.” saad ni Anica at hinawakan n'ya ang kamay ni Dolion. Hawak nila ang kamay ng isa't isa habang naglalakad patungo sa sasakyan habang nakasunod lang si Ophelio sa mga ito. Napabuntong hininga si Dolion dahil wala s'yang pagkakataong masabi ang gusto n'yang sabihin.

THEY'RE AT THEIR FAVOURITE bar. Just like before, every time they solve a case, they'll gather like this. Ophelio came with them also. They warmly welcomed him and hanged out together. But, somehow something's wrong, Narxixius didn't come.

“May pupuntahan daw s'ya eh.” sagot ni Jayla sa tanong nila. Jayla looked at Dolion and he just smiled at her.

“Sorry for being rude to you the whole time. I just want to protect everyone in the group. Hindi ko rin alam bakit ang init ng ulo sayo.” Jayla apologized.

“It's fine. It's not a big deal and I also understand you.” sagot naman ni Dolion dito.

“Pero tanong ko lang. Pano n'yo nagawa nang ganoon kadali? I mean, the governor is a very powerful politician. Hindi s'ya mahirap ipatumba.” tanong ni Jayla at napangisi si Dolion sa sinabi nito.