CHAPTER 26

“HUWAG KA MUNANG BUMANGON!” Inis na sigaw ni Anica at sinusubukang pahigain si Jairus.

“Ayos na ako, sus ito naman! Di ito nakakamatay!” sagot naman ni Jaairus at umupo sa kanyang hospital bed.

“You almost faced death, Jairus! Gago 'to oh!”

“Kailangan ko kasi sabihin sayo lahat ng mga nangyari habang wala ka, Master Nic. I'll tell you in details.”he excited said to Anica.

“Last Friday, the city officials had a dinner meeting with the Governor and because the dinner was held in Perfecto Restaurant, which the owner is Meghan's friend, we are able to conduct what we have planned. Jayla became one of the restaurant's crew that served them. You know how agile and sharp Jayla is, she was able to put VLF Bug below the table. Kaso sa planong iyon wala kaming ibedensiyang nakuha pero that leads us to something bigger.”

“Ano?”

“Kailangan nila magset up ng bagong CCTV system sa bagong office ng Governor sa susunod na araw, nag-abang ako sa lokasyon. Nang makarating na 'yung mga mags-set up, edi inappoach ko iyong isa sa kanila at binigyan ko ng pera para makapagpanggap akong isa sa staff. Then, boom alam mo na nangyari.”

“You hacked on their newly set up CCTV and turn it to double access.” sambit ni Anica at napatango-tango. Now, it made sense for her and it was a lead to take revenge for what happened to the three.

“Tama!” masayang sigaw nama ni Jairus.

“When you turn the double access on the CCTV system, the other accessor could track down where the other accessor is at! And that's why you get caught, you dumbass!”

“Tama— A-Aray, aray!” Napatakip siya sa kanyang braso at prinotektahan ito sa pangsasapak ni Anica.

“HAHAHA ano ba, Nic! Aray ah! Magpasalamat ka na lang na nagawa namin yun kahit nasa giit na kami ng kamatayan dahil dun. Pero alam ko namang mas magiging safe kapag may guidance mo eh pero gusto narin naming matapos lahat ng ito na alam naming ikakasaya mo.”

Anica stopped on hitting Jairus and pouted. She sighed and sat down.

“Thank you!” she said while pouting.

“Sorry, Jairus! If I just didn't went to take that vacation, maybe this won't happen. I should have been a careful leader, sorry.”

“Master Nic, ano kaba! You should have time for yourself and for things that will make you happy aside from taking down that murderer.” Jairus said. It have been Jairus who's soft spoken and nice to everyone. He put everyone about himself.

“Actually, if you'll talk about me and Jayla, we've let go of what have happened to the orphanage. I know that the incident put us in such difficulties in life but think of it, we grew independently and strong because of that. Jayla and I already let go of our clutch in our rages.” Jairus said and smiled at her.

“Pero, alam ko— alam namin na hindi ka titigil hangga't hindi maitutumba ang kriminal na iyon. You have been our parents since before, Anica! And we will do everything that will make you happy.” Anica's heart felt the warmth of a brother's love from Jairus. He— Them, they've been her family, they mean so much to her.

“Thank you, Jai!” she whined and hugged him tightly.

“Para namang ano 'to oh! Wala 'yun! We will do anything for you even it means losing our lives.” Jairus said as he pats her head.

“Sorry talaga...” iyak ni Anica at agad namang sinubukan ni Jairus patahanin ito.

AFTER THREE DAYS OF THE OPERATION, Meghan was able to wake up. Though, after waking up, she went to take a deep sleep again. Jairus and Jayla was discharged already. Now, they're at Meghan's room, visiting her again and again.

“Anica, saan si Dolion?” biglang tanong ni Jairus habang kumakain.

“Matagal ko na gusto itanong kaso nakakalimutan ko lagi. Asan ba sya?” Anica was too stunned to answer though how would she answer when she doesn't know Dolion's whereabouts. She never had a nice sleep since then. Dolion didn't come to her nor tried to show himself.

“What? Did he left already? I know it, he's not trustworthy.” singit naman ni Jayla at matalim ang tingin kay Anica. Napayuko na lamang siya dahil hindi n'ya alam ang sasabihin.

“M-May problema ba, Nic?” tanong ni Jairus.

“For sure, that man had betrayed us and left—”

“That's not true!” Anica wasn't able to stop her urge of answering Jayla. Anica sighed and said, “He maybe a freak but he won't betray us! He must have his own personal matters, and I haven't been in touch with him.”

Anica bit her lower lip as she scold herself in her mind.

Why am I taking his side? Baliw kaba, Anica? What are you doing?! He already deceived you but you're still taking his freaking side?!

“Why not?” Jairus innocently asked as he was sipping on his milk tea.

“Nothing!”

“Nagbreak kayo?” he asked and Anica gazed at him.

“Anong break? Hindi naman kami eh! A-Ano b-ba pinagsasabi mo?”

“Edi ano 'yong narinig namin sa araw na 'yon?” taas kilay namang tanong ni Jayla.

“H-He's still pursuing me.” Anica answered.

“Tapos ghinost ka ganoon?”

“Hindi ah!” she immediately refute what they accused and shook her head aggressively.

“Basta! Huwag na huwag kang papayag na tratohin ka nang mas mababa sa ano mang nararapat mong matamasa.” bilin ni Jairus at ngumiti si Anica rito.

“Hinding-hindi! I will never settle for something lesser than what I deserve.”

“So, don't settle to Dolion.” Jayla bluntly said and Anica was stunned on what Jayla said.

“He's not a ‘less’.” Anica whispered. Kahit ganoon ang nangyari sa kanila no Dolion, ayaw naman n'yang mapasama ito sa tingin ng mga kaibigan n'ya. He was so good to them though.

Despite of what Dolion did to her, she couldn't deny that she have been missing him. And despite of the fraudulent plan of Dolion, she couldn't deny the fact that she felt his genuine love for her. He treated her so well that she didn't realize that maybe he'll deceit her too. He treated him the way a woman should be treated but the world seems objecting as they are both sinners.

We somehow deserve this kind of punishment. I love in lie and he's the lie itself.

Ang mabigat n'yang nararamdaman ay minsan n'yang nakakalimutan kapag kasama ang mga kaibigan n'ya. Bagaman, hindi n'ya maitatanggi na ang lungkot at bigat na nararamandaman niya'y hindi humuhupa at lalo pa itong nagiging mabigat para sa kanya sa lumilipas na mga araw. Hindi n'ya gustong aminin ngunit hindi n'ya rin maitatanggi na ito'y dahil sa pangungulila.

FAITH
•|| fairyf8tales ||•