CHAPTER 31

SINCE THEY WERE ALREADY THERE, they just planned to spent some days in Spain.

“I texted Narxixius and Jayla to come.” saad ni Anica habang naglalakad sila papunta sa hapagkainan.

“Have a seat.” sambit ni Henri. Jairus and Meghan slightly bow down their heads but Anica didn't do the same and just sat down in one of the chairs, away from Bel Monte.

“Buenos dias, Sir!” Sabay na bati ni Jairus at Meghan.

“Buenos dias!” Henri greeted back. “Let's eat.”

All they can hear inside the dining room was the clinking of the utensils while they were silently eating. Henri was secretly taking a look at his daughter who was grumpily eating, Jairus and Meghan was focusing on their plates, Dolion was only taking sips on his coffee.

“Jairus and Meghan, right?” Henri suddenly talked. They both looked at him and nodded.

“Yes, sir.” they both answered.

“You all are good-looking and smart. Including those two who aren't here.” He hissed and puts his fork and spoon down. Henri wiped his mouth with the table towel and looked at them.

“You know us?” Jairus asked.

“Of course.” he confidently answered.

“How's Anica? I mean, what could you say about her?”

“She's a great leader. A great woman and a great sister. She's the best in almost everything, Sir.” Meghan answered first with a smile on her face.

“She's also smart. She's kind. A mother-sister material.  She's sweet and caring.” Jairus added.

“For some reasons, I knew you would say that. She's also lucky to met friends like the two of you.”

“Thanks to Dolion, I have known the bright and wise friends of my daughter. I could watch my daughter grow because of him.” Henri hissed and tapped Dolion's shoulder.

“If you want to watch your daughter grow, why didn't you do it yourself and not send some strangers in disguise?” Anica hissed and looked at him fiercely. Inilapag ni Anica ang mga kobyertos at nakipagtitigan kay Henri.

“The less I could do as a bad father is to watch you from faw away than to lay my undeserving hands to take care of you. Me watching you grow as a fine woman was enough for me.”

“Then, why did you ask Dolion to take me here and why him of all people? Also, I could grow as a fine woman without you watching me.” Anica bluntly said.

“I know that, Anica.” Henri answered in a calm tone and fought Anica's gaze.

“Why Dolion? Because he'll soon be your husband.”

Jairus choke on his bread and Meghan's coffee burst out from her mouth and nose. Jairus was hitting his chest hard and Meghan was fixing herself. They were all shock on what he said.

“Sir!”
“How dare you?”

Dolion and Anica shouted.

“You have no rights to decide for me. You are no one to decide whom I will marry.” Anica shouted angrily that made everyone shocked. Jairus and Meghan knows Anica to be a very fixed woman who takes everything calm and collected.

Anica was about to walk away from the dining room but Henri asked a nerve-racking question to Anica.

“Why? You don't want to marry Dolion?”

Anica stopped and froze for some seconds. She don't know what to say or answer to that question.

“Whether I want it or not, you have no rights to decide for me.” her last remarks before walking away from them.