Demons

Finally, after six hours, school was over. I hadn't seen Matthew all day. He should be at soccer practice now, but I have to wait for Caleb. Ryan decided he'd sit with me until Caleb showed up. "Where did you learn to fight like that? And how did Donavan not have control of what he was doing?" he asked. I shuddered and looked at my hands. "I can't say," I replied in a whisper, as I got up and began to walk away. Ryan got up and walked towards me. "You're in our band and you're hiding something from us, what is it?" he questioned, sounding hostile. My body tensed. "N...nothing," I stuttered. Ryan grabbed my jacket shoulder and began pulling it off. "What do you hide under here?" he demanded. I tried to pull myself free before Ryan could do anything. "Stop it Ryan!" I ordered, anger starting to form inside me. He laughed at me, studying me slowly. What, are you gonna beat me like you did Donavan? I could kick your ass darling!" Ryan threatened. I felt my hands slowly clenching to fists again.
"Fuck off Ryan," Caleb ordered as he walked up to us. I looked over to him gratefully. Ryan released his grip on my shoulder. I instantly pulled my jacket tight around myself again. Ryan flipped us off as he walked away. "Sorry I was late," Caleb said. I shrugged slightly. "I'd call that perfect timing," I stated. Caleb grinned and motioned for me to come with him to the car. "You don't look so good, did you get hurt during that fight?" Caleb asked. I shook my head. "I used angel abilities to make sure Matthew and I didn't die," I explained as Caleb opened the door of the passenger side of the car for me. As I climbed in, Caleb walked around to the other side of the car, and got in as well. "You weren't supposed to use them were you?" he questioned. I felt myself shaking slightly and shook my head. "They make angels sick if they use them too much in one day. It's once a day for someone my age, and for simple things. I did it three times for big things, I took full control of them for short periods of time," I whispered. With that, Caleb drove off.
We spent the drive home in silence. When we finally got the house, Caleb decided that he needed to go out, so he dropped me off outside and gave me a house key to get in. I locked the door behind me as I entered. Swiftly, I grabbed some books from the bag I used and began to do my homework. After a few hours, I heard some knocking, then a smashing sound. I jumped as demons ran towards me. They weren't like their normal selves, they looked truly like creatures from hell. Instantly, I reached for a steak knife from the kitchen counter next to the table. A demon that looked like a cross between a snake and a dog pounced towards me, snarling and flashing it's teeth. As it reached me, it's claws extended, digging into the skin on my shoulders. I cried out in pain then lifted up my hand with the knife and stabbed the demon's shoulder. It howled in pain as ichor splashed onto my hands. The demons all pounced on me. Every single one of them biting and clawing at my flesh until I was unconscious.
Matthew finally reached his home after soccer practice to see his brother's car not in the driveway. Deciding his brother must have left Lea alone, Matthew opened the door. Though what he saw was not what he expected. One of the windows in the back of the hall was smashed open, the whole house was trashed. Furniture littered the floor smashed and broken. "Lea?" Matthew called out nervously. He threw his bag on the floor and explored the house. When he reached the kitchen, he realized it reeked of rotten eggs and blood. On the floor was two puddles, one of blood, and one of a blackish acidic looking liquid. Caleb walked in behind Matthew. "What in hell happened?" he demanded, looking at his shaking, younger brother. Matthew turned around slowly in silence, staring up at his older brother. "Shit....where's Lea?" Caleb questioned, running through the house.